`Night Time Ambient Lighting in Chalk Crayon Interiors

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Hi everyone!

FIrst-time poster and soon-to-be Taycan owner.

I have not seen a light-colored interior at nighttime with ambient lighting on, curious if anyone could share any pics? Does the light interior takeaway from the ambient lighting?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just go for the colour you like, no need to make this more complicated.

Even if the seats are light coloured, the doors might not be depending on which leather package you go for. The light colour can also be changed to match your interior or music.

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Just go for the colour you like, no need to make this more complicated.

Even if the seats are light coloured, the doors might not be depending on which leather package you go for. The light colour can also be changed to match your interior or music.
Thanks! Great advice but often hard to abide by.

Everything looks great and comparing between marginal differences is tough!

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
Ambient lighting always works much better on light interiors as they reflect far more light than dark interiors. This is the same on all cars. If you want the best ambient lighting experience then a light interior is the way to go, though to be honest the Taycan ambient lighting is not really anything particularly special (compared to say the EQS) and it’s fine on a dark interior anyway so I wouldn’t worry that much about it.

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Ambient lighting always works much better on light interiors as they reflect far more light than dark interiors. This is the same on all cars. If you want the best ambient lighting experience then a light interior is the way to go, though to be honest the Taycan ambient lighting is not really anything particularly special (compared to say the EQS) and it’s fine on a dark interior anyway so I wouldn’t worry that much about it.
Great point! It's a small/minor detail and I was thinking the ambient lighting against a black background will appear more distinct.

With the light interior, more light is reflected indeed (vs. absorbed) and will have a more dispersed look. Still very curious to see how it looks at night.

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
I have beige, not chalk. The beige interior is a lot lighter in the door than chalk with contrasting black. To me it shows the ambient lighting really nicely. I’ll see if I can take photos sometime even though it isn’t the color you asked about.

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I have beige, not chalk. The beige interior is a lot lighter in the door than chalk with contrasting black. To me it shows the ambient lighting really nicely. I’ll see if I can take photos sometime even though it isn’t the color you asked about.
Thank you so much! I think any light interior will be representative.

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
Thank you so much! I think any light interior will be representative.
The reason I mention it is because the door panels where the ambient lighting shines is actually black if you get the chalk interior. Beige is the only color with light door panels.
Here’s some configurator images to show what I mean.

Porsche Taycan `Night Time Ambient Lighting in Chalk Crayon Interiors 3D07B9E5-D577-48C5-A219-BC10D538D5FA

And chalk is

Porsche Taycan `Night Time Ambient Lighting in Chalk Crayon Interiors 48C6F309-062B-40BA-87A5-C27D20FDFD96

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
The reason I mention it is because the door panels where the ambient lighting shines is actually black if you get the chalk interior. Beige is the only color with light door panels.
Here’s some configurator images to show what I mean.

3D07B9E5-D577-48C5-A219-BC10D538D5FA.jpeg

And chalk is

48C6F309-062B-40BA-87A5-C27D20FDFD96.jpeg
I didn't realize this until you pointed it out.

Quite a difference indeed.

Curious to see now how those lights work out on beige during the night.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
I was wondering this myself, im going red leather interior and wondered if the ambient light package was worth it against the red?…

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
I was wondering this myself, im going red leather interior and wondered if the ambient light package was worth it against the red?…
Red leather actually also has black door panels where the ambient light shines. I think it is still quite visible against the black.

Here’s a forum post of someone with red leather interior who set the ambient lights to red. You can see that the black door panels look pretty red just from the ambient lighting.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ambient-lighting-pseudo-extended-leather-effect.8795/

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
Curious to see now how those lights work out on beige during the night.
Porsche Taycan `Night Time Ambient Lighting in Chalk Crayon Interiors 31182782-2FDB-4D41-8DA2-8C7BD800F1E0

This is at 80% brightness.
I think the beige doors probably shine brightest with the ambient lighting but I might be biased. ?

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
31182782-2FDB-4D41-8DA2-8C7BD800F1E0.jpeg

This is at 80% brightness.
I think the beige doors probably shine brightest with the ambient lighting but I might be biased. ?
You are right. The ambient lights are more dispersed and reflect the most on a lighter background.
Very interesting indeed.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Reviving this thread a bit, but anyone know if we can get a purple/pink-ish ambient lighting color? It doesn't seem to appear as an option you can select, but there are multiple videos where when the car is parked the color appears. It seems ambient lighting can actually create a significantly greater number of colors vs. the options available

See this video at 16/26 seconds for example
Sponsored