BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
This started after about 5 months of ownership. At first it was about once a week and would resolve after a few minutes of driving. Now it’s almost daily and louder. I just took my car for the uPdate last month and don’t want to deal with the pain of going back (1 hour drive). To me it sounds like it’s come from inside the vents and I’m tempted to blow air into the vents to try to clear it myself. Any tips?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
This started after about 5 months of ownership. At first it was about once a week and would resolve after a few minutes of driving. Now it’s almost daily and louder. I just took my car for the uPdate last month and don’t want to deal with the pain of going back (1 hour drive). To me it sounds like it’s come from inside the vents and I’m tempted to blow air into the vents to try to clear it myself. Any tips?

Number of threads on this on forum - search - coming from fan on underside of console (below lower screen) - mine going in on Jan 9 to address

Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Disco 5, Defender V8
Country flag
I don’t have this exact noise but I do have a random bird chirping. I swear there is something living in there. I presumed it was just the heat pump occasionally making noises but it’s quite loud and thankfully friends and family can hear it…. So I know it’s not me hearing things.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Here is one of the threads I referred to above:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/strange-fan-ticking-noise-during-morning-power-up.12625/

Good to share with your SA should they suggest that yours is a 'unique' occurrence (my SA said he had not seen this issues to date).

OP
OP
BMonte13

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Here is one of the threads I referred to above:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/strange-fan-ticking-noise-during-morning-power-up.12625/

Good to share with your SA should they suggest that yours is a 'unique' occurrence (my SA said he had not seen this issues to date).
Thanks for the referenced thread however I don’t see a definitive solution. I agree it seems to be exacerbated by cold weather and rare above 70-75 degrees. Potential solutions seem to be a) air compressor clean out though this seems temporary or more drastically b) replacement of climate control panel though I don’t see a follow up regarding whether this permanently resolved the issue. Love this car but why these recurrent glitches 🥲

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
My car was dropped off on Monday for this and a couple other issues. I’ll update if I get any info on this noise and solutions.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the referenced thread however I don’t see a definitive solution. I agree it seems to be exacerbated by cold weather and rare above 70-75 degrees. Potential solutions seem to be a) air compressor clean out though this seems temporary or more drastically b) replacement of climate control panel though I don’t see a follow up regarding whether this permanently resolved the issue. Love this car but why these recurrent glitches 🥲
Wasn’t offering a solution - hence why my car going in - just that multiple others have reported this already. If you read the thread you’d also see that one person had a dealership try an air compressor but not a resolution. If we had a resolution we’d know about it :).
Doubt very much an entire AC unit would be replaced as it sounds like a defective fan and/or loose wiring which would replaced but who knows as yet.

OP
OP
BMonte13

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
My car was dropped off on Monday for this and a couple other issues. I’ll update if I get any info on this noise and solutions.
Any update on a fix for the noise? I’ve definitely noticed that it’s worse the colder it is and can be suppressed or extinguished if I pre warm.

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Any update on a fix for the noise? I’ve definitely noticed that it’s worse the colder it is and can be suppressed or extinguished if I pre warm.
Unfortunately it’s taking a lot of time. The dealer did the latest campaign and fixed my rear wiper that was installed backwards at PDI. They claimed they couldn’t replicate the noise from the center console. I had video and sent it over. They are now just ordering a part and fixing it on Monday or Tuesday. I’ll update next week once I get the car back. I wonder if the noise is just happening to new taycans like 2022 or is it all years?

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Update on the noise from center console. They replaced the whole climate screen unit. It wasn’t clicking when I picked up the car and it was cold out. So I’m hoping that’s the last of the clicking sound.

OP
OP
BMonte13

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Update on the noise from center console. They replaced the whole climate screen unit. It wasn’t clicking when I picked up the car and it was cold out. So I’m hoping that’s the last of the clicking sound.
Awesome if the noise stays away. Can you let us know if the noise comes back?
Sponsored