First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi,

I am not able to connect to the vehicle since last Friday via MyPorsche APP, the status keep showing the connecting icon. It is working fine for everyone?

I checked the embedded SIM card status in the car and it is normal.

Any suggestion on what to do?

Thanks.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Check the multitude of posts on other threads - this is a long running saga I'm afraid.

1. Disconnect your 12v battery for < 5 mins, reconnect, wait for reboot and see if issue has cleared.

The connection icon can be misleading - I get it most times but commands are still received and processed from the app to the PCM - have you tried?

Have you tried My Porsche Connect web site as an alternative path to your PCM?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Couple of things:
--Check to see if the app connection ever gives an error message. If present, that might help with specifics.
--Try connecting via MyPorsche on a desktop computer. Again, to check for error message.
--Does your car have access to internet? Look for LTE symbol on PCM. If no LTE symbol, then problem is with data connection to car, not necessarily the app. Related check: is the emergency call light above rear-view mirror still green? If red, vehicle connection is the problem.
--I agree with W1NGE post above, connecting icon can be showing but app actually has connection.

OP
OP
zzy45

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Check the multitude of posts on other threads - this is a long running saga I'm afraid.

1. Disconnect your 12v battery for < 5 mins, reconnect, wait for reboot and see if issue has cleared.

The connection icon can be misleading - I get it most times but commands are still received and processed from the app to the PCM - have you tried?

Have you tried My Porsche Connect web site as an alternative path to your PCM?
Thanks for the reply.

I have reached out the PCNA customer care, and on their end they are not able to see driving data for the past 3 days, showing my car was driven 3 days ago, so something is out of sync. I had submitted some photos of my odometer and home screen to the rep for him to work on as per their request.

He also advised me to schedule for the Cluster 37 update, which shouldn't be the case as GTS should had came with the update installed; reached out to my SA to see what's going on.

I will try the 12V disconnect method later. The website is not showing connection either.

OP
OP
zzy45

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks for the reply.

I have reached out the PCNA customer care, and on their end they are not able to see driving data for the past 3 days, showing my car was driven 3 days ago, so something is out of sync. I had submitted some photos of my odometer and home screen to the rep for him to work on as per their request.

He also advised me to schedule for the Cluster 37 update, which shouldn't be the case as GTS should had came with the update installed; reached out to my SA to see what's going on.

I will try the 12V disconnect method later. The website is not showing connection either.
Just got an update from my SA:

"...I’ve checked with my service department and was advised there’s a network update on your Taycan GTS. However, we do not show a cluster 37 update available."

Okay, will see what happen after the update.

Many thanks for the replies above.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If your car is not accepting remote connections from the internet, then it is unlikely 1800porsche will be able to connect either, so them not seeing driving data is not surprising.
Does the car have LTE connection, can it access internet radio? If not, car does not have data access from wireless service.
If it does have LTE data connection, then it is an app to car connection problem.
Is privacy mode in the car disabled?
Is SOS light green?
Does either the app or desktop MyPorsche ever give you an error message?

My experience with PorscheNA customer service on no app access two months ago was: send in photos of PCM, we will refer matter to 2nd level support, dont know when 2nd level support will reply. I had to call them back several times to get status - they never called me. After 11 days was told 2nd level support suggests resetting PCM to factory settings. Instead of that I did something else I read about it which fixed the issue for me. YMMV.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zzy45

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
If your car is not accepting remote connections from the internet, then it is unlikely 1800porsche will be able to connect either, so them not seeing driving data is not surprising.
Does the car have LTE connection, can it access internet radio? If not, car does not have data access from wireless service.
If it does have LTE data connection, then it is an app to car connection problem.
Is SOS light green?
Not showing LTE

Privacy mode off

SOS light green

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for the reply.

On another thread a couple of new GTS cars have been advised of software updates (no detail) - potentially you do need it too.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not showing LTE

Privacy mode off

SOS light green
Privacy mode off and SOS light green are good. Not showing LTE means your car is not connected to your local cellular network provider. It is not an app problem, it is a wireless cellular connection to/from your car problem.
Another check for this would be to see if you can get any internet radio stations on car's media system.
Is the car in location with strong wireless/aka phone service? Does this problem happen only in one location or no matter what location car is in? LOL park the car next to a cellular tower....

OP
OP
zzy45

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Privacy mode off and SOS light green are good. Not showing LTE means your car is not connected to your local cellular network provider. It is not an app problem, it is a wireless cellular connection to/from your car problem.
Another check for this would be to see if you can get any internet radio stations on car's media system.
Is the car in location with strong wireless/aka phone service? Does this problem happen only in one location or no matter what location car is in? LOL park the car next to a cellular tower....
No signal no matter where. And I am not getting Apple Music to work.

My local dealership is arranging a service potentially resolving this “Network Issue”, we shall see

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The car needs a working cellular connection for the MyPorsche app, internet radio, and other internet-based services to work. If LTE symbol = car data connection working. If symbol that looks like long equals sign with slanted line through it = no car data connection.

In paper copy of owners manual...phone...connection status the symbols are shown. Note that the LTE symbol and the ===== with slash symbol refer to the car's data connection, not a phone in the car.

Possible reasons for no data connection could be poor cellular service, hardware/software problem with the car, and/or problem with back-end Porsche server affecting your service and account.

I have seen - in a different forum - report that continuing no LTE service that one Taycan owner experienced was fixed by adjustment to Porsche server.

If it were my car, before I'd ok dealer replacing hardware in the car, I'd insist that the possibility of server problem affecting my car be ruled out. Some owners in this forum report that one day, data service is restored without any action on their part.

This assumes that PCM reboot, and 12v disconnect do not fix the problem.

Good luck.

swag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross turismo
Country flag
Is SOS light green?
Does either the app or desktop MyPorsche ever give you an error message?

My experience with PorscheNA customer service on no app access two months ago was: send in photos of PCM, we will refer matter to 2nd level support, dont know when 2nd level support will reply. I had to call them back several times to get status - they never called me. After 11 days was told 2nd level support suggests resetting PCM to factory settings. Instead of that I did something else I read about it which fixed the issue for me. YMMV.
I’m having exact issue , how did you fix it ?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m having exact issue , how did you fix it ?
The situation that caused me not to connect to the car from the app was that I had forgotten the 4-digit security code I originally set for my MyPorsche account and I changed to a new code. After that, I could not connect to the car from the app. Details of what I did to regain access from the app are in this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...app-shows-no-remote-access.11729/#post-171330

I don't know whether that solution will apply to your situation, or not.
There is a lengthy thread on this subject.
Note that some owners indicated that when they deleted their main driver account from the vehicle, they were then unable to readd the account, and could only use guest mode in the vehicle.

It is important to ensure that your Taycan has the "LTE" symbol displayed in the upper right of the PCM (meaning its wireless data comm link is operating).

Also note that some owners just waited, and remote access came back on its own.

Suggest you first do the items that @W1NGE listed in post above. Also check remote access both from the MyPorsche website on a desktop/laptop, as well as the phone app.

Good luck. Please share what you learn.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Here's a fun situation... Last night after dinner I tried to pre-heat the car (it was a cold evening for Austin TX) and the app would not talk to the car at all. I even killed an restarted the app but it gave me an error message about not being able to communicate with the car. My phone had a good network connection available an the car should have too. I let me wife know what was happening and she opened the app on her phone and connected to the car right away and started the pre-heating session. :surprised:

My phone usually connects to the car without much fuss. I don't have a good explanation for this besides the possibility that our accounts are on different backend servers and the server hosting my account could have been having an issue at the time. I'm a bit baffled about this behavior.
Sponsored