Porsche connect apple music not showing in car, only working via Apple carplay? And still no android carplay?

Serial45

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan turbo
Country flag
Hi,

So we took the cars built in data package, and added our apple account to link apple music directly to the car. But it isn't showing on the car menu?

I'm a Samsung user, can't bare Apple, so would be good to get Apple music working without a carplay device. I've been through all the menu options and just can't seem to find it.

Also I still don't understand why Apple don't follow suit of a lot of other manufacturers and add android carplay aswell?
Thanks in advance.

Adam
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

So we took the cars built in data package, and added our apple account to link apple music directly to the car. But it isn't showing on the car menu?

I'm a Samsung user, can't bare Apple, so would be good to get Apple music working without a carplay device. I've been through all the menu options and just can't seem to find it.

Also I still don't understand why Apple don't follow suit of a lot of other manufacturers and add android carplay aswell?
Thanks in advance.

Adam
You mention data package - do you mean you paid for the Vodafone data package on monthly subscription?

If 'yes' and you did this purely for Apple Music then cancel your subscription as it it not required. The car has its own dedicated service for this purpose (and others).

In respect of Apple Music and Podcasts you need to link an existing Apple ID (or create a new one) to your Porsche ID.

Pretty straightforward - see page 11 of the manual below.

If linked correctly it will appear in Media - two icons - Music and Podcasts.

Android Auto is coming MY22 (last quarter this year) and may be added as a software update (my guess).

Porsche Taycan Porsche connect apple music not showing in car, only working via Apple carplay? And still no android carplay? 20210724_080041

Attachments

OP
OP

Serial45

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan turbo
Country flag
Thanks man.
Yeah we linked the apple ID on the Porsche connect service already pay for Apple Music.
Also we didn't get a manual with the car apparently they're posting it afterwards? ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You mention data package - do you mean you paid for the Vodafone data package on monthly subscription?

If 'yes' and you did this purely for Apple Music then cancel your subscription as it it not required. The car has its own dedicated service for this purpose (and others).

In respect of Apple Music and Podcasts you need to link an existing Apple ID (or create a new one) to your Porsche ID.

Pretty straightforward - see page 11 of the manual below.

Android Auto is coming MY22 (last quarter this year) and may be added as a software update (my guess).
All sorted now thanks Man.
No problem. The manual does come after and not installed at the factory...I waited 4 months. In the end you don't need it as long as you download the Porsche Good To Know App as they are one and the same thing.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
BTW: I am pretty sure the Apple Music Icon will disappear from time to time. Only wait a bit. ?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
After working for several months without issue, my Apple Music and podcasts icons have disappeared. A bit frustrating as I prefer to use the native apps over CarPlay for audio. The bugs in this car …

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
As a workaround try switching to guest profile then back to yours.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As a workaround try switching to guest profile then back to yours.
My dealer had to reset my PCM and since then Apple Music and podcasts are permanently missing. I’ve tried removing my profile, guest mode, privacy mode, unlinking Apple Music using the iOS App, selecting the source via a function key… no dice.

Anyone else? I do have LTE service. If I select “show connected services” the PCM says it’s not currently available. The green light is lit on the emergency services button (on star like thing).

Anyone have any other bright ideas?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
My dealer had to reset my PCM and since then Apple Music and podcasts are permanently missing. I’ve tried removing my profile, guest mode, privacy mode, unlinking Apple Music using the iOS App, selecting the source via a function key… no dice.

Anyone else? I do have LTE service. If I select “show connected services” the PCM says it’s not currently available. The green light is lit on the emergency services button (on star like thing).

Anyone have any other bright ideas?
Are things like Weather or Searching Destinations via Google (not normal search) active?

I have seen this happen where the LTE service is connected but the PCM still acts as if there is no data. It is for sure – a very frustrating – software bug that needs fixing.

FWIW, the only thing I have found that works – rebooting PCM does nothing strangely – is to park the car in a strong LTE signal and lock the car. Walk away with the key and make sure the key is out of range for at least 40 minutes (I know!!). That – for me – has reliably returned functionality.

Nuts.

Porsche's Workshop documents are full of instructions to shut down car, lock it and walk away to allow the car "sleep". Given that this all over their technical info – I don't see a fix coming soon.

Attachments

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are things like Weather or Searching Destinations via Google (not normal search) active?

I have seen this happen where the LTE service is connected but the PCM still acts as if there is no data. It is for sure – a very frustrating – software bug that needs fixing.

FWIW, the only thing I have found that works – rebooting PCM does nothing strangely – is to park the car in a strong LTE signal and lock the car. Walk away with the key and make sure the key is out of range for at least 40 minutes (I know!!). That – for me – has reliably returned functionality.

Nuts.

Porsche's Workshop documents are full of instructions to shut down car, lock it and walk away to allow the car "sleep". Given that this all over their technical info – I don't see a fix coming soon.
It was parked overnight in my garage where Verizon does work (it’s not 4 bars, but it works). I was able to log out and log in, etc., so it does have data. Frustrating for sure. Prior to this last visit to the dealer it worked 98% of the time.
Sponsored