sboggsisu

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
What’s going on in OC with my fellow Taycan buddies? Y’all drive like a bunch of old ladies. I even pulled up on a Turbo and got a smile and he continued at 60mph. Is the Porsche community turning into a bunch of Corvette owners? It’s safe to do at least 70 on the 261/241. If you see a little blonde in a frozen blue Taycan, please restore my faith by hitting the pedal. Thank you in advance.
* to all the dad comments coming about how it’s not safe to drive fast.. I’m not asking for much. Like at least 71 will be faster than the other 9 I’ve seen rolling around town.
If you're not passing cars you're not making progress. Come on up to the IE(ok, not really sure why anyone would want to do that) and I'll restore your faith.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nmoranda

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
If you're not passing cars you're not making progress. Come on up to the IE(ok, not really sure why anyone would want to do that) and I'll restore your faith.
I live in Corona but I’ve only seen one out my way. Most sightings are in OC. Please tell me that you were one of the three identical white Taycans at the dealer this morning. Same rims and everything.

Last edited:

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
2nd that on Tx :). I posted a vid in one of my threads here somewhere of me tracking a brand new 911 Turbo S - I was in normal mode and absolutely effortlessly kept up with him passing cars on I10 - we were most def in the speed range of that McLaren! ;)
Pretty impressive.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I've been flying in SoCal whenever I'm down there, with kids in Riverside and Irvine. I blow past Corona quite a few times. then I hit traffic. But that express lane. I hit 85 and tempted to go more.

-ThinkMac-

OP
OP
Nmoranda

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I've been flying in SoCal whenever I'm down there, with kids in Riverside and Irvine. I blow past Corona quite a few times. then I hit traffic. But that express lane. I hit 85 and tempted to go more.

-ThinkMac-
I got a ticket for 83 on the 91 stretch so I keep it at 78 on that leg. All bets are off climbing the hill to Irvine though. My Panamera would be all over the road at 120 but the Taycan just cruises along like I’m out for a Sunday drive.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
What’s going on in OC with my fellow Taycan buddies? Y’all drive like a bunch of old ladies. I even pulled up on a Turbo and got a smile and he continued at 60mph. Is the Porsche community turning into a bunch of Corvette owners? It’s safe to do at least 70 on the 261/241. If you see a little blonde in a frozen blue Taycan, please restore my faith by hitting the pedal. Thank you in advance.
* to all the dad comments coming about how it’s not safe to drive fast.. I’m not asking for much. Like at least 71 will be faster than the other 9 I’ve seen rolling around town.
CA is crazy. Life is too short to drive a Porsche like an old lady. :fist bump: ?

sboggsisu

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
I live in Corona but I’ve only seen one out my way. Most sightings are in OC. Please tell me that you were one of the three identical white Taycans at the dealer this morning. Same rims and everything.
Oh you're pretty close then. My car was actually in the shop the past few days in Riverside. And it's white also.

OP
OP
Nmoranda

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Oh you're pretty close then. My car was actually in the shop the past few days in Riverside. And it's white also.
I just picked up my car today. Software update and fixing my rim. Mine is frozen blue.

sboggsisu

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
I just picked up my car today. Software update and fixing my rim. Mine is frozen blue.
Picked mine up today as well. Mine was software update and new rear tires (something about driving aggressively or some bs). Love the frozen blue - haven't seen it in person yet.

shannond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
driving a German car slow in the left lane should be outlawed. Should be mandatory for every owner to at least spend a couple of days over there understanding true lane etiquette. Luckily Porsche drivers seem to be the least worst offenders vs MB and BMW. I'm a regular Scottsdale 101 driver and cant wait to take out my soon to arrive Taycan on the roads and track.

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
IE stand up! I’m in Rancho Cucamonga (and grew up in Corona). Sadly though, I won’t be punching it as I have a lowly RWD, but with my Mission-E’s & Sport Skirts I’ll look damn good as y’all pass me :)

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
IE stand up! I’m in Rancho Cucamonga (and grew up in Corona). Sadly though, I won’t be punching it as I have a lowly RWD, but with my Mission-E’s & Sport Skirts I’ll look damn good as y’all pass me :)
Don't sell the RWD short. It is pretty quick. Especially going 30-90 and love that shift into second great at 78. Ice cars have issues, but yeah our TT and TTS siblings will leave us behind! And yes the Mission E's look great and honestly, the unsuspecting public cannot tell the difference in an RWD and TT without looking at the badging (most are not aware of the caliper color clue).

OP
OP
Nmoranda

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
IE stand up! I’m in Rancho Cucamonga (and grew up in Corona).
I see that Riverside sells them the second they come in. I’m sure they’re out here in the wild somewhere but I’ve yet to see ‘em.

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Come to Texas, speed limit is 85mph on the toll roads. I use to live in CA. Too slow there...
I do love driving in my Taycan at 85+ on SH-130 heading northbound from the airport and going past the Tesla Gigafactory and seeing the 300+ Model 3s sitting idle in the south parking lot. :cool:
Sponsored