Other Hobbies

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Golf, hockey, basketball and skiing, but age is catching up. Rode motos for 40 years including 40-50 track days until a kid in a Rubicon ran a red light near my house and ended all that.
Sponsored

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Hobbies are mainly managing my daughters U10 Girls Football team, as well as being Vice Chair. Takes up a lot of time. Occasionally play myself still, when I’ve got time and inclination. Also play PS5 (CoD mainly and others), listen to Music on my decent AV setup, occasionally play badminton (not as much as I should), go walking and do exercise at home. Love a bit of TV/movies too.

Ipercool

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS ST - 22 BMW i3S - 18 MINI Countryman
Country flag
I have two main hobbies, a strongly outdoor one and a strongly indoor one.
I ride my bike competing in the amateur categories, I love doing "Gran Fondo" in the Alps but in the last two years I've had various accidents and I'm out of training...

TimmelsjochPass in Oetztaler Radmarathon 2017:

Porsche Taycan Other Hobbies 20170907_091855

I am a Leonardo da Vinci enthusiast (see my avatar), I collect his codes (obviously reproductions), in the photos the "Codex Hammer" and the monothematic library.
And I try to understand its contents. 😂🤦‍♂️

And, of course, I'm still waiting for my Taycan.

Porsche Taycan Other Hobbies 20221130_195921

Porsche Taycan Other Hobbies 20221130_194655

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
Building sailing and not so sailing boat (Small Boat) from piece of paper and some wood and carbon fiber listening podcast!

Porsche Taycan Other Hobbies IMG_1496

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I bought an electric guitar and amp yesterday.
To go along with my electric car 😍

Much better than the old gas-power guitars.

Porsche Taycan Other Hobbies C98D4F5F-C040-43E5-ADB7-CF75750D0B84

ClubIsolation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Country flag
C98D4F5F-C040-43E5-ADB7-CF75750D0B84.jpeg

[/QUOTE]
I bought an electric guitar and amp yesterday.
To go along with my electric car 😍

Much better than the old gas-power guitars.

C98D4F5F-C040-43E5-ADB7-CF75750D0B84.jpeg
It's funny the way you put that, but one of the reasons I decided to dive into having an electric car was because my electric lawn mower is FAR superior to any other lawn mower I've ever had and I would never go back. I figure if they can do that with a lawn mower..

ClubIsolation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Country flag
As for hobbies. I know you are looking for something other than cars, but cars and racing ARE my hobbies. Much of this is born from my son's condition of Cerebral Palsy (non-verbal quadriplegic) as he is bound to a wheelchair for life. I used to take him to go-carts at a local place so he could have fun and some movement and then he outgrew the tandem seat in a go-cart, so that was lost to us as an option. after that point i decided to get my first dedicated sports car (a 987 Porsche Cayman) and we had loads of fun driving that around together. I figure if you are stuck in a chair, may as well have different chairs to enjoy and the ones in sports cars are more structured and comfortable for a kid like my son.

Shoot forward and that Porsche Cayman turned into a 911 then to an R8 and then on to Lamborghini's... Now we fully enjoy the car driving and car show hobby together and many of my closest friends have been met because of that hobby. Hoping to enjoy all of this with my son for many more years to come.

My son with our Murcielago.. Miss it, but the Aventador S is a better keeper:

Porsche Taycan Other Hobbies 51365723618_0711357abb_o

Short video of my son enjoying that Cayman:

Short video of how a Lambo can change a kid's mood in a moment:

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my electric lawn mower is FAR superior to any other lawn mower I've ever had
Part of me wanted to get an electric lawn-mower.

But it was much smaller than the part of me that didn’t want to mow the lawn in the first place. 😜

JS4S

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan 4S, 21 Cayenne S, 06 Z06, 89 Formula 350
Country flag
There was time when I enjoyed many...... Played in a local band, traveled, hunted, fished, hiked, took in local shows, never missed trivia night at my local bar......etc. For the past 5 years my "hobbies" have included trips to Detroit nearly every weekend (September-March) with my son for hockey. When not there, traveling from town to town with my daughter for tumbling, cheer competitions, and LAX. Never though of myself as someone that would enjoy it as much as I do.....but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

ClubIsolation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Country flag
Part of me wanted to get an electric lawn-mower.

But it was much smaller than the part of me that didn’t want to mow the lawn in the first place. 😜
Oh man, this is a great response. I went through that. Maybe you don't have kids yet? At some point, mowing the lawn on a nice day is your personal escape from the house... Now snow removal, that's where i draw the line!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Played in a local band
What time period period/area/genre/instrument?

I was 2000s St. Louis Punk (mostly punk). Guitar/drums/vocals.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh man, this is a great response. I went through that. Maybe you don't have kids yet? At some point, mowing the lawn on a nice day is your personal escape from the house... Now snow removal, that's where i draw the line!
I have kids.

I use them to remove the snow. ❄❄

JS4S

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan 4S, 21 Cayenne S, 06 Z06, 89 Formula 350
Country flag
guitar/vocals.......but occasionally the band nerd would come out of me and I'd play the sax. We did a bit of everything but mostly acoustic blues based stuff. We would play covers and then just jam. Our drummer was a very funny guy and would make up lyrics about the people who over indulged. Around the same time period....after college (2002) never did much. I would occasionally go to a local brew pub and play a few songs. Haven't played out in many years now.

OP
OP
SYN_Skydance

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Found a new hobby with my 3D printer. With my love of aircraft, I can print parts for my flight sim.