JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Took a couple of photos of the standard paint option on the side view mirrors (the blue) and the upgraded option with black paint etc (the white). I expect to change my build to have the black window surrounds after seeing both options today, but that makes the upgraded mirror an option I have to include as well as it looks way better than the standard IMO.
Porsche Taycan Paint options on side view mirrors. DSC_3198
Porsche Taycan Paint options on side view mirrors. DSC_3189

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
This is standard for the 4s, black, maybe just plastic.
Porsche Taycan Paint options on side view mirrors. C67524A5-DA2C-46CF-AB59-8B9F02D5DBE2

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Yes, it's unpainted plastic on the 4s unless you upgrade, the black plastic also extends to the lower portion in blue in JakobDK Post.

I've upgraded to the middle option as I think it matches the car better, especially if you go for the mission wheels

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Took a couple of photos of the standard paint option on the side view mirrors (the blue) and the upgraded option with black paint etc (the white). I expect to change my build to have the black window surrounds after seeing both options today, but that makes the upgraded mirror an option I have to include as well as it looks way better than the standard IMO.
DSC_3198.jpeg
DSC_3189.jpeg
Anyone go with the upgraded high gloss black on the mirrors for the 4S? I saw the standard and the black is the plastic and looks very cheap. Thoughts from those that did and didn't get it. It is $660 in the US.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I added the option, because I figured it'd look bad without it. Same as with my Macan, where the non-SportDesign mirrors are awful with the matte black plastic lowers. It's $600 I'd wish I wouldn't have had to add, but Porsche is good at making options required.

It was one of the two things I bugged my salesperson for detailed information about. (And he had a great response!)

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
Anyone go with the upgraded high gloss black on the mirrors for the 4S? I saw the standard and the black is the plastic and looks very cheap. Thoughts from those that did and didn't get it. It is $660 in the US.
I did.
It's around USD 1,100 in my country.
I almost didn't order this, as mine is in volcano grey. The cheap plastic is at lower parts and may not look so obvious in dark color cars.

I even thought of plan B, to have it wrapped, incase I don't like the look. Way cheaper.

But in the end, I didn't want to go through so much hassle.

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
I didn’t take it and regret it.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Eh, I didn’t get it and it looks fine to me. My thinking was that the underside of the mirror could get scrapes or rock damage (happened on my 911). Given that I went with Carrera White was concerned that it would show any damage so just kept the stock lowers.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have considered this upgrade but the differences in opinion here did not help me choose :D

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I dont have it and fine with me as my car is black anyway :)

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
DSC_3198.jpeg
DSC_3189.jpeg
Have it on my Dolomite with body color mirrors, black gloss window trim, black gloss wheels. Looks terrific.