Passenger Display issues

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am experiencing this exact issue even with a pasenger in the seat, on my '22 [October '21 build] RWD. If leaving the car for a while the display returns okay. Standby mode is not checked. Stopping the car and starting it without gettng out of the car does not rturn the passenger display to active mode.
In this case could be a fault in the seat switch given there is a passenger involved. I do think that an update post WMA5 changed empty passenger seat behavior, as the "standby" trick def doesnt work for me, but with a passenger actually in the seat, there should be no issues.
Sponsored

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
In this case could be a fault in the seat switch given there is a passenger involved. I do think that an update post WMA5 changed empty passenger seat behavior, as the "standby" trick def doesnt work for me, but with a passenger actually in the seat, there should be no issues.
During a previous episode had the wife get out of the car ahead of me and the passenger air bag "turned off" message appeared in the [right hand] third tube display. So it appears the car knew someone was in the passenger seat. Today it happened again and we tapped on the display and it came on.

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
During a previous episode had the wife get out of the car ahead of me and the passenger air bag "turned off" message appeared in the [right hand] third tube display. So it appears the car knew someone was in the passenger seat. Today it happened again and we tapped on the display and it came on.
Interesting... It's never been flakey for me BUT... you never know. The airbag indicator is a good catch. If that's working reliably then seat switch is def fine. Tapping the screen to wake it up is always a good test too, to see if it's gone into standby. If someone hops out, for a bit, then back in, it's possible somehow it comes back on in standby in certain cases?

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
" If someone hops out, for a bit, then back in, it's possible somehow it comes back on in standby in certain cases? "

May be the way my wife gets into the car. We are seniors and it's a little bit of a challenge to get into this car. Now that we know about tapping te screen we have a work around for the problem.

The other problem we have is: after powering down the car and getting out the dash turns on and lights up again. Anyone know what we are doing wrong?

Socks

First Name
Candi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Try this: Unhook "Switch on display" and "Standby mode", which will turn off the passenger screen and "Taycan" logo. Don't turn the screen back on before after two hibernations, but still keep the "Standby mode" unhooked until you get screen working normally (read: as it suppose to). Mine froze and would not wake up, even after turn off and on the vehicle, so then I tried this attempt instead, which did the trick.

Prior to the freezing, I had been I had been pushing to many buttons and too fast, as @Neptune mentioned in this string and therefore obviously must pay for in Porsche down time (like in open imprisonment). Anyhow, I have now payed my dues dudes . . . and only push when strictly necessary :rock:
Push what..I’m having the problem of it only on when starting the car and when turning it off…sometimes..Porsche help desk tells me no one can use it when driving..he knew nothing!

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Push what..I’m having the problem of it only on when starting the car and when turning it off…sometimes..Porsche help desk tells me no one can use it when driving..he knew nothing!
I made a video of how you can turn the passenger screen on/off. Have you tried this yet?