PCM and Account Issues

Svaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Model S
Country flag
I’ve had some ongoing technology issues with our 3 month old Taycan. The primary issue is that Spotify disappeared from the PCM and Porsche couldn’t fix the problem after having the car for 9 days. We got the car back with no Spotify but we’ve developed a new issue that I was hoping some could provide some ideas…

Before the car went into service we had four accounts linked to the car (my wife as Primary and 3 Secondary users). When we got the car back, my wife’s account wouldn’t log back in because it was rejecting her pin. So, we reset it and finally, we were able to log her in. The other three accounts are a different story. They will not login under any circumstance. I’ve gone into the car, logged in as my wife and gone to “add account” and the pcm rejects all of the three accounts, even though usernames and passwords are verified as correct.

When we go to the “My Porsche” web login, all of the 3 secondary accounts are still listed. Should I maybe delete and start fresh?

Also, since we got the car back, even though we have deactivated privacy, both as a guest and with my wife’s primary account, we can no longer see the car from the app or from My Porsche web login. To be clear, privacy mode is deactivated.

Any ideas.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’ve had some ongoing technology issues with our 3 month old Taycan. The primary issue is that Spotify disappeared from the PCM and Porsche couldn’t fix the problem after having the car for 9 days. We got the car back with no Spotify but we’ve developed a new issue that I was hoping some could provide some ideas…

Before the car went into service we had four accounts linked to the car (my wife as Primary and 3 Secondary users). When we got the car back, my wife’s account wouldn’t log back in because it was rejecting her pin. So, we reset it and finally, we were able to log her in. The other three accounts are a different story. They will not login under any circumstance. I’ve gone into the car, logged in as my wife and gone to “add account” and the pcm rejects all of the three accounts, even though usernames and passwords are verified as correct.

When we go to the “My Porsche” web login, all of the 3 secondary accounts are still listed. Should I maybe delete and start fresh?

Also, since we got the car back, even though we have deactivated privacy, both as a guest and with my wife’s primary account, we can no longer see the car from the app or from My Porsche web login. To be clear, privacy mode is deactivated.

Any ideas.
This may / may not help but I went to the effort of physically removing all Porsche IDs from the car and physically performed a factory reset on the PCM. Once complete I then added each Porsche ID per key. This was in the early days of my MY21 4S (Jan'21). Not had this issue on my MY23 GTS ST.

Other options:

- !2v battery disconnect (procedure in Owner's Manual) is an option to force a hard reset
- Pull PCM fuse to force a reboot

May want to wait a while before going nuclear but if you decide to proceed most of your personalisation settings will be retrieved from the cloud as your underlying Porsche ID is still active leaving only a few manual settings to be remade per Porsche ID.

OP
OP
Svaba

Svaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I may have no choice but to take this option. I tried deleting the secondary users from the web login but I am unable to do so getting an “unexpected error” message. I’ve texted our service advisor to ask his opinion 5 hours ago but no response.

Can’t preheat the car, no saved setting other than wifey…this is starting to get annoying.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I may have no choice but to take this option. I tried deleting the secondary users from the web login but I am unable to do so getting an “unexpected error” message. I’ve texted our service advisor to ask his opinion 5 hours ago but no response.

Can’t preheat the car, no saved setting other than wifey…this is starting to get annoying.
Set a timer on the PCM directly to preheat. Make it daily untill you get your issue resolved.

OP
OP
Svaba

Svaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, my wife got a call from Porsche yesterday. They said they "think" they have a fix but that we have to bring the car to them (tomorrow) and they "think" they will have it fixed by Friday. Apparently they are replacing some part in the car but my wife didn't get that info. I didnt take part in the call but I will take the car tomorrow and hopefully we get it all worked out and find out what part they are replacing.
Sponsored