chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wanted to make a post that will hopefully help somebody in the future who encounters the same issues that I've been having and how the dealer was able to resolve it. This is on my '22 4S.

I had three issues that I couldn't fix, and wouldn't go away on their own, for the past couple of weeks:

- Map view on the instrument cluster disappeared for a few days, came back, and would randomly disappear and reappear when I'd restart the vehicle
- Could not connect to the car with the Connect App
- Could no longer log into the PCM with my account; It just randomly logged me out and my account was greyed out so I could only sign in as a guest every freakin' time I drove the vehicle

The dealer had the car for a few days and surmised that the problems were all related. They told me that the resolution from Porsche was to pull the fuse for the instrument cluster, wait 20 minutes and put it back it back in. Picked up the car today and all seems to be in working order (fingers crossed)!

In case anybody wants to take their car to the dealer for this, here are the notes from my tech:

"Unable to perform VAL when the vehicle pulled into the shop, PIWIS tester would not recognize the vehicle, was able to scan the vehicle but the model line could not be determined. Removed the fuse for the instrument cluster (terminal 30 reset), waited 20 minutes, re-installed the fuse. PIWIS tester could now recognize the vehicle. Performed VAl. Cleared fault memory. Locked the vehicle and allowed vehicle to go to sleep overnight. All functions restored including connect log in fuctions".

Hope this helps some of you.
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wanted to make a post that will hopefully help somebody in the future who encounters the same issues that I've been having and how the dealer was able to resolve it. This is on my '22 4S.

In case anybody wants to take their car to the dealer for this, here are the notes from my tech:

"Unable to perform VAL when the vehicle pulled into the shop, PIWIS tester would not recognize the vehicle, was able to scan the vehicle but the model line could not be determined. Removed the fuse for the instrument cluster (terminal 30 reset), waited 20 minutes, re-installed the fuse. PIWIS tester could now recognize the vehicle. Performed VAl. Cleared fault memory. Locked the vehicle and allowed vehicle to go to sleep overnight. All functions restored including connect log in fuctions".

Once Taycan was returned to you, did you have to re-enter any settings you had made previously?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

I had three issues that I couldn't fix, and wouldn't go away on their own, for the past couple of weeks:

- Map view on the instrument cluster disappeared for a few days, came back, and would randomly disappear and reappear when I'd restart the vehicle
- Could no longer log into the PCM with my account; It just randomly logged me out and my account was greyed out so I could only sign in as a guest every freakin' time I drove the vehicle

Has your 22 4S had any problems with alarm going off? Do you use the Porsche Connect and My Porsche apps?

OP
OP
chenner

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has your 22 4S had any problems with alarm going off? Do you use the Porsche Connect and My Porsche apps?
Luckily I have not had any issues with the alarm. I use the Porsche Connect app.

Other than the three issues that I had the car has been great. Such a dream to drive and it's a charging monster so it's perfect for roadtrips.

Ira Maurer

First Name
Ira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4
Country flag

The dealer had the car for a few days and surmised that the problems were all related. They told me that the resolution from Porsche was to pull the fuse for the instrument cluster, wait 20 minutes and put it back it back in. Picked up the car today and all seems to be in working order (fingers crossed)!

I have my Taycan CT 4 for three weeks. The alarm goes off in any public parking area, outside or inside. Just returned from the bank where it went off ten times! The dealer looked at it last week and ran diagnostics...no exceptions found. The immediate guidance was to double click the lock to disarm when locking the car. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

jdrei

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have my Taycan CT 4 for three weeks. The alarm goes off in any public parking area, outside or inside. Just returned from the bank where it went off ten times! The dealer looked at it last week and ran diagnostics...no exceptions found. The immediate guidance was to double click the lock to disarm when locking the car. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?
There is no official fix existing, yet.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ct-alarm-issue-how-common-is-it.7214/

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Seems like there is a new part that fixes this issue. See post #81 … https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ct-alarm-issue-how-common-is-it.7214/post-120860

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
I have this problem too!!
Sponsored