PCM Error / Warning Messages: "switch account" and "shift into P before exiting"

Mr Hockey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Taycan fun never ends. The Porsche Connect folks aren't able to help on this and the lines at two different dealers are busy and just cut off rather than rolling over to even a voice mail The service levels remain unacceptable. Telling me to take my car to the service department every time one of these error messages pops up may be the only answer they can give BUT my car would have spent more time at the dealer than I've been able to drive it.....

This week, I've had two separate error / warning messages on the PCM. One went away after a drive but the second one just won't.

- got a "welcome - log in by selecting "switch account". Press Setup to start the setup assistant.....". I am the only one driving this car so not sure why each time I don't drive it for a week or two, the system drops my account or some other disconnect pops up. Last time I lost all my pre-selected media settings and had to renter them all. This message seems to have disappeared although I've had to reestablish connection with my phone, etc.

- this morning, while exiting my garage, just got a red warning "shift into P before exiting". The car was off and started, as normal, put into reverse to back out of the garage and then clearly in D as I drove down the street. I've stopped and turned off the car multiple times but the message won't go away.

Any help on these two, especially the second, will be helpful. Short of actually driving fifty miles to the dealer, its not been possible to reach them for help.

Thanks

Porsche Taycan PCM Error / Warning Messages: "switch account" and "shift into P before exiting" IMG_5864

Porsche Taycan PCM Error / Warning Messages: "switch account" and "shift into P before exiting" IMG_5865

Porsche Taycan PCM Error / Warning Messages: "switch account" and "shift into P before exiting" IMG_5871

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
918, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla Model S P100D
Country flag
These types of things are episodic with my 2020 Taycan Turbo (w/16k miles). Usually, even the worst of them cure themselves via the "15 minute power-off nap" treatment. If one is away from the turned-off Taycan for 10-15 minutes so that the car has "gone to sleep" and is re-awakened from slumber, the dream sequence while it was asleep seems to re-invigorate proper behavior.

It's quite aggravating because the revival of functions never leaves any flags or codes behind from which to diagnose the cause of these issues. My dealer and PCNA are helpless to act.

It's almost as if there are corrective bailouts coded into the firmware that serve as a way to keep the firmware writers yet employed as opposed to pointing fingers at the culprits. I jest .... barely.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have only noticed the Shift into Park before exiting message after the 12V battery is disconnected then reconnected. If you see this only when starting the car, I wonder if there might be a problem with the 12V system in your car. That might also contribute to the other problems you are having.
Sponsored