PCM option for brake calibration

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Tooney , thank you. Is it possible that the location of the fuses changes with different models / model years? I am looking at my online manual, I assume the correct fuse is for "communication box", listed under left footwell, row A, #12. There is also one for "wireless data transmission" (row A, #11) and then another communication box in row C, #9.
Any idea which fuse controls the LTE module?
It has been a while since I looked at the posts. You need to read the linked posts from forum members who have removed fuses. I have not yet removed any fuses.
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Very easy to do using the instructions above, takes a few minutes and saves a trip to dealer. My "Data Connection Settings" showed full signal and connected to Verizon, but also had the slashed icon on the right hand side of the screen... Annoying, but luckily, 12V disconnect fixed it.
Helpful to know that 12V reset does that but I wanted them to do it first and then learn how they do it. I went to the dealer for the "No LTE connection slashed icon" issue and their fix was to keep cycling the controller unit that is responsible for this like 3 to 4 times until the connection is restored. Then it came up that I am due for the thermal campaign WPS9 that brings PCM software to the latest version of 3882. Then there is the APB6 campaign that totally confused me what I need or can do, until I actually read the letter in full, which is get the reimbursement now up to $600 for an EVSE of any kind by simply e-mailing, and still get to receive the updated 240V cable whenever they make them with a temp sensor. My choice was to submit the proof of purchase for my hardwired already installed original EVSE before the car arrived and receive the voucher in the e-mail, which I just received as I am typing only a few hours after I sent the email, that is just amazing. My dealer has done a superb job in handling all this same day and Porsche sent the voucher at a lightning speed. I am blown away by the good news all around.

OP
OP

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Helpful to know that 12V reset does that but I wanted them to do it first and then learn how they do it. I went to the dealer for the "No LTE connection slashed icon" issue and their fix was to keep cycling the controller unit that is responsible for this like 3 to 4 times until the connection is restored. Then it came up that I am due for the thermal campaign WPS9 that brings PCM software to the latest version of 3882. Then there is the APB6 campaign that totally confused me what I need or can do, until I actually read the letter in full, which is get the reimbursement now up to $600 for an EVSE of any kind by simply e-mailing, and still get to receive the updated 240V cable whenever they make them with a temp sensor. My choice was to submit the proof of purchase for my hardwired already installed original EVSE before the car arrived and receive the voucher in the e-mail, which I just received as I am typing only a few hours after I sent the email, that is just amazing. My dealer has done a superb job in handling all this same day and Porsche sent the voucher at a lightning speed. I am blown away by the good news all around.
@SergeyIndy any idea how your dealer cycled the control unit?

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
@SergeyIndy any idea how your dealer cycled the control unit?
That they did not disclose. I assume they connect the car to PIWIS and then from there they are able to access and reset modules of the car. The learning for me is that they did not disconnect the 12V battery to fix it, which remains the only option to do it on your own. However, since I have such a great dealer that can offer me same day reset, I do not mind taking it there for it. This is the first issue of inconvenience that I have had on my MY23 in 9 months ownership and 6k miles with zero other issues.
Sponsored