PCM option for brake calibration

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I had to disconnect my 12V battery to fix my LTE connectivity. When reconnecting the battery, I got an alert to calibrate my brakes (as also described here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/how-to-disconnect-12v-battery.11322/). The message said that this step can be done later as well. I searched around the PCM settings and vehicle options and I cannot see anywhere how to perform this. I cannot find any info in the manual either. Can someone please direct me where in the menus I can find this option?
Thank you!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had to disconnect my 12V battery to fix my LTE connectivity. When reconnecting the battery, I got an alert to calibrate my brakes (as also described here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/how-to-disconnect-12v-battery.11322/). The message said that this step can be done later as well. I searched around the PCM settings and vehicle options and I cannot see anywhere how to perform this. I cannot find any info in the manual either. Can someone please direct me where in the menus I can find this option?
Thank you!
How long did you disconnect your battery for (should be < 5 mins)? Brake relearning is via the brake pedal and i think there's a routine for it.

OP
OP

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Disconnected for 30min (per forum discussion to reset LTE).

Yes, brake learning is via brake pedal, but how do you initiate routine from PCM?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Disconnected for 30min (per forum discussion to reset LTE).

Yes, brake learning is via brake pedal, but how do you initiate routine from PCM?
Owner's Manual advises no more than 5 mins which I think is deliberate to avoid other system resets. Only needs a hard reboot (power cut) so not sure why folk would advise longer than needed.

Unfortunately I don't know the procedure. TBH - consult your dealer or search the forum as someone may have posted a TSB on this topic.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you!
An online search for Taycan brake calibration yielded a couple of results that mentioned brake calibration occurs during charging process. See article from Porsche below.
Maybe try charging vehicle to see if that helps. Let us know what you find. Good luck.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2023/innovation/porsche-engineering-brake-force-distribution-recuperation-30953.html#:~:text=Brake Calibration,travel to brake pedal force.

Edit: somewhere I think I read that brake calibration occurs at certain portions of charging process. Above some SoC%? Some other criteria? Don't remember the specifics, sorry.

Did battery disconnect fix the car's LTE connectivity problem?

Last edited:

OP
OP

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yes, 12V disconnect fixed LTE. Car reconnected to network immediately after 12V was connected back and PCM restarted (LTE was disconnected for 2 days prior to that)

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I have lost LTE connectivity with icon showing a slash across for several days, going to the dealer tomorrow to fix. However, SIM status screen show good strength and provider listed as Verizon but it does not have any indication of data status, what's the point of that screen then. I am not comfortable doing my own reset given that if systems do not reset correctly, then I have to go to the dealer anyway to fix them. I would rather them do it.

Porsche Taycan PCM option for brake calibration 1710778793108-qe

OP
OP

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have lost LTE connectivity with icon showing a slash across for several days, going to the dealer tomorrow to fix. However, SIM status screen show good strength and provider listed as Verizon but it does not have any indication of data status, what's the point of that screen then. I am not comfortable doing my own reset given that if systems do not reset correctly, then I have to go to the dealer anyway to fix them. I would rather them do it.

1710778793108-qe.png
Very easy to do using the instructions above, takes a few minutes and saves a trip to dealer. My "Data Connection Settings" showed full signal and connected to Verizon, but also had the slashed icon on the right hand side of the screen... Annoying, but luckily, 12V disconnect fixed it.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Not very easy if you have the steering wheel fitted on the correct side of the car. They've got the battery terminals virtually inaccessible for us. :confused:

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Not very easy if you have the steering wheel fitted on the correct side of the car. They've got the battery terminals virtually inaccessible for us. :confused:
The Germans invented cars and they drive on the right side, last I checked!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
The right side, but not the correct side!!

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Disconnecting 12v battery is only one method of "reset". There are alternatives involving pulling fuses that do not require battery disconnect.

OP
OP

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Disconnecting 12v battery is only one method of "reset". There are alternatives involving pulling fuses that do not require battery disconnect.
@Tooney , thank you. Are you referring to fuses that control the LTE/communications system? Can you please provide further details? Thanks!

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP

ckyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
This post has links to links with possible solutions for 'no LTE in PCM', or app error message to the effect of 'privacy mode needs to be deactivated':
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ssues-using-my-porsche-app.17709/#post-272507
@Tooney , thank you. Is it possible that the location of the fuses changes with different models / model years? I am looking at my online manual, I assume the correct fuse is for "communication box", listed under left footwell, row A, #12. There is also one for "wireless data transmission" (row A, #11) and then another communication box in row C, #9.
Any idea which fuse controls the LTE module?
Sponsored