Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I received a letter from Porsche asking me to make an apoointment for the software update. The letter advises that the update includes a new owner’s manual and that I should take the original owner’s manual with so that it can be swapped for an updated version. I had the update yesterday but the dealer knew nothing about a replacement manual.

Has anyone come accross this issue?
Sponsored

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I received a letter from Porsche asking me to make an apoointment for the software update. The letter advises that the update includes a new owner’s manual and that I should take the original owner’s manual with so that it can be swapped for an updated version. I had the update yesterday but the dealer knew nothing about a replacement manual.

Congrats on the update (I hope!). Yes, they are meant to give you the 2022 manual if you have a 2020 or 2021 car.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Porsche gave me a new printed manual when I picked up my car after the update.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Mine was posted to me. No mention of returning the old one.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Sorry what’s a manual ? 😂

I picked up most of the Tips before i got my car from YouTube and here. I am guessing most of us will do this with the long wait!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

My letter states the same but will find out next week if the dealer replaces - I expect not.

You can always get the latest manual for your VIN on the Porsche Good To Know App (there are various model years listed).

Manual is also online in PCM and now voice activated (apparently).

OP
OP

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sorry what’s a manual ? 😂

I picked up most of the Tips before i got my car from YouTube and here. I am guessing most of us will do this with the long wait!
I don’t need it, I just want it.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Does anyone keep their manual in the tiny front glove box ? Damnit i can barely get a pack of wine gums in there as a result!

Jeffrey B

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW M6; Porsche Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
My letter states the same but will find out next week if the dealer replaces - I expect not.

You can always get the latest manual for your VIN on the Porsche Good To Know App (there are various model years listed).

Manual is also online in PCM and now voice activated (apparently).
I just had my software update- all went well but on the myPorsche app but when I go to “details” top right on the app and come to next screen that has “overview, functions, and manual” nothing changes when I go from overview to functions to manual- doesn’t function and I can no longer access the owners manual that I could before. Not sure if it’s because i just updated to IOS 16 or not, but definitely not working as it had.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I just had my software update- all went well but on the myPorsche app but when I go to “details” top right on the app and come to next screen that has “overview, functions, and manual” nothing changes when I go from overview to functions to manual- doesn’t function and I can no longer access the owners manual that I could before. Not sure if it’s because i just updated to IOS 16 or not, but definitely not working as it had.
Others posted earlier about some issues with the app - perhaps some maintenance ongoing.

Worry not - My Porsche website has the same content under Operating Instructions:

Porsche Taycan PCM Update new manual? 1663341399038
Sponsored