sbarker108

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance; TS on order
Country flag
Let's put it this way...I find myself wondering what the atmosphere will be like in the car on the drive home when I see buyer's family members. It's a pleasant environment, but not something I'd dare present as a treat to my wife (to be fair, other people- a 13yo me for example- might get more enjoyment from glimpsing assorted Porsches getting tried out on track).
(Oh and there's a selection of Porsche-branded nick-nacks as displayed in dealerships, offering a potentially expensive and/or futile way to make amends 😁)
You can "gift" some of your time to other family members so you can spread it out a little. I did that with my 16 year-old who had a couple of hot laps with the instructor. It might be worth doing something like this.

They'll probably be bored however, the setting is nice though, food, free wifi, comfortable seats, and you can see what's going on on the roof terrace (assuming its Silverstone) to a limited extent.

Set expectations and if they don't fancy it then pay for a spa day for your wife and the 13 year old will probably be spending most of the time on their phone anyway if they are anything like mine.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Take a mate instead and share the driving. Much better day out than worrying if the wife is ok and not bored enough to give you an ear full.

Orwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Went last weekend in a large group. 5 cars + 3 non-driving. Good food. Non-drivers allowed in the car if you go for a drive on the roads, but not on the tracks and low friction surfaces with you driving. One non-driver actually had a short drive (I have been before so missed the briefing and went out early then came back a bit early so she could have a quick drive). The other 2 non-drivers don’t have licenses but went to look at some of the older 911s they keep in the “barn”. They also had a quick drive round the tracks with the instructor driving. Not sure if a 13 year old could do this though.

We all had a great day and everyone was pleased they had gone. The centre itself is nice with drinks/snacks on tap but any non-drivers need to take something to do.
I was told by my SA that for LA experience during pickup:

-I am allowed to take 2 'drivers'. Undisclosed drive time
-Once date is scheduled, I can potentially (pay extra to) add additional drivers
-Once date is schedule, potentially pay extra for different cars (e.g., GT3,GT4RS,911TurboS)
Sponsored