Bobzilla

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc Vito
Country flag
I've got my PEC day coming up in a couple of months, and was going to take the Mrs and my 13 yo son. But it's been pointed out that I'm on track for 2.5 hours, and the Mrs is wondering what she's doing for that time.
So, anyone know?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I've got my PEC day coming up in a couple of months, and was going to take the Mrs and my 13 yo son. But it's been pointed out that I'm on track for 2.5 hours, and the Mrs is winding what she's doing for that time.
So, anyone know?

Thanks
When I was there only one person was allowed in the car alongside the driving consultant, so unless something has changed, your wife and son will be enjoying the food and drink (and wi-fi) in the PEC while you are on track.

What else we’re you expecting?

OP
OP

Bobzilla

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc Vito
Country flag
I didn't know what I was expecting. It could be as simple as 'here's the wifi code, tea and coffee are over there' to 'we've got a few nice vintage Porsches lying around for you to look at, celebrating Porsche historic success, or something.

I knows it's only the driver in the car, so they don't get a ride.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I didn't know what I was expecting. It could be as simple as 'here's the wifi code, tea and coffee are over there' to 'we've got a few nice vintage Porsches lying around for you to look at, celebrating Porsche historic success, or something.

I knows it's only the driver in the car, so they don't get a ride.
Ok. There‘s normally 2 or 3 nice cars in the main atrium area and some Porsche products scattered around, but not a huge amount to pass the time.

Tea, coffee and wi-fi are the main things, although obviously you get a really good breakfast & lunch (or lunch and afternoon tea, depending on your timings).

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Let's put it this way...I find myself wondering what the atmosphere will be like in the car on the drive home when I see buyer's family members. It's a pleasant environment, but not something I'd dare present as a treat to my wife (to be fair, other people- a 13yo me for example- might get more enjoyment from glimpsing assorted Porsches getting tried out on track).
(Oh and there's a selection of Porsche-branded nick-nacks as displayed in dealerships, offering a potentially expensive and/or futile way to make amends 😁)

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
I would recommend them to stay at home. As there is nothing in it for them except waiting on you. And you don’t want to be in the car thinking of them waiting on you…
it’s like them waiting in the amusement park, on you to enter and finish the rollercoaster, twice…

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
When I did my PEC experience, in a Macan S, earlier this month, I shared the 2.5 hrs driving with my son (23), so I had 1.75 hrs and he had the remaining 0.75 hrs, which he thoroughly enjoyed, as it was the first time he’d driven a Porsche, (I’m not letting him loose in my Macan S 🤣🤣), and he especially loved the launch control/emergency braking part. He was talking about the experience all the way home!! 👍😁

Therefore, perhaps you could do the same with your wife, as I’m sure she’d learn what the car is capable of, which is a great experience! 👍

OP
OP

Bobzilla

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc Vito
Country flag
When I did my PEC experience, in a Macan S, earlier this month, I shared the 2.5 hrs driving with my son (23), so I had 1.75 hrs and he had the remaining 0.75 hrs, which he thoroughly enjoyed, as it was the first time he’d driven a Porsche, (I’m not letting him loose in my Macan S 🤣🤣), and he especially loved the launch control/emergency braking part. He was talking about the experience all the way home!! 👍😁

Therefore, perhaps you could do the same with your wife, as I’m sure she’d learn what the car is capable of, which is a great experience! 👍
I'd love to, but she doesn't have a licence yet. A Porsche will be her first car!! Company car (salary sacrifice), not owned).

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
Wow…..what a nice first car!!! 👍👍 Hope your wife passes her test first time! 🤞

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I split my session between track and road, the instructor was happy for my wife to join us on the road session. The food is nice too 😀 you are treated well, it was my birthday and they made me a cake

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Went last weekend in a large group. 5 cars + 3 non-driving. Good food. Non-drivers allowed in the car if you go for a drive on the roads, but not on the tracks and low friction surfaces with you driving. One non-driver actually had a short drive (I have been before so missed the briefing and went out early then came back a bit early so she could have a quick drive). The other 2 non-drivers don’t have licenses but went to look at some of the older 911s they keep in the “barn”. They also had a quick drive round the tracks with the instructor driving. Not sure if a 13 year old could do this though.

We all had a great day and everyone was pleased they had gone. The centre itself is nice with drinks/snacks on tap but any non-drivers need to take something to do.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I took my son and he d half the driving.
My wife would have been bored rigid - she has zero interest in cars so wouldn’t have wanted to come anyway.

It was a nice day when I was there and I went outside watching the drivers on the circuit when I wasn’t driving myself.

The food was great and it was really nice to have my son there to share it with me.

Englishtony2002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When I went to drive the Taycan I took my 26 year old Son, who did learn to drive at age 15 when we lived in the US, but living in London never got his UK licence. I asked nicely and while I did my full quota on the track, the Instructor took my son out for close to 40 mins as a passenger during lunch.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
If you take a non paying guest do they get the lunch / breakfast option free?