Porsche Mobile Charger Connect or alternative?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for the reply.
Yes the supply is 10mm cable with a 40a rcd.
I can’t find any way of changing the offered amperage neither on the display nor web app.-and this is the crux of the problem.
I’m using the commando plug cable supplied with the PMCC.
My OPC says that my PMCC won’t charge at more than 16a despite it’s web page saying it should supply 32a with no derating factors - the problem is that I can’t find anywhere to change the offered 8-16a in the display menu items nor its web pages.
Does that mean that you can achieve 32 amp charging on a single phase supply?
How did you change the 8-16a menu choice to the max 32a or was it on the app?
Thx
32A is the max on a single phase supply (it's what I have).

To be clear did you use the web interface on the PMCC (not My Porsche or anything else) using either of the 2 accounts supplied in the accompanying white envelope?

Screenshot from the Charging menu.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Mobile Charger Connect or alternative? Screenshot_20210705-210147_Chrome
Sponsored

Docem3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Honda E
Country flag
Many thanks
I don’t recall this menu and my PMCC is with the OPC for a software update so will check on the units web pages as per hotspot sign-in as soon as I get it back.
Many thanks -i’ll update you when I get it back.

Docem3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Honda E
Country flag
Hi
I’ve had the car and charger back recently -3!weeks+ in the garage and enclose my screenshot which is the crux of the problem. Says capable of 32a but only allows me up to 16a. OPC and Porsche help line unable to offer any credible explanation.
I’m a bit frustrated!

Any ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
Hi
I’ve had the car and charger back recently -3!weeks+ in the garage and enclose my screenshot which is the crux of the problem. Says capable of 32a but only allows me up to 16a. OPC and Porsche help line unable to offer any credible explanation.
I’m a bit frustrated!

Any ideas?
Thanks
Hi,

your screen suggests like the cable going to the charger supports 32A. good. But the car does not.
Which On-Board-Charger do you have? The 11kW/9.6kW will not support 32A.

Update: The conclusion was wrong, thanks to @WINGE for the hint.

Last edited:

Docem3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Honda E
Country flag
Hi,

your screen suggests like the cable going to the charger supports 32A. good. But the car does not.
Hi,
I think it is the standard 11kw, so I’m limited to 3.8kw (from experience) at best, single phase?
Why would Porsche de-rate the charger instead of letting the car charge at its max rate -which may be 16a.
Even my Honda E charges at 7.2kw!
I must say I haven’t tried charging it on a public 7.2kw charger to see how quickly it charges.
Thanks for the (disappointing) info.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

That's rubbish (sorry). In UK single phase standard domestic supply will support a dedicated 32A run from the fuse box to give 7.4kW (I have this setup).

Therefore the standard 11kW AC onboard charger will support 32A delivering 7.4kW max.

To get 11kW you would need a 3 phase supply - expensive and not needed for home charging.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,
I think it is the standard 11kw, so I’m limited to 3.8kw (from experience) at best, single phase?
Why would Porsche de-rate the charger instead of letting the car charge at its max rate -which may be 16a.
Even my Honda E charges at 7.2kw!
I must say I haven’t tried charging it on a public 7.2kw charger to see how quickly it charges.
Thanks for the (disappointing) info.
Get an electrician to check end to end as something is not correct - you should get 32A. Could be the cable, the outlet to the charger, something else which is limiting.

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
To get 11kW you would need a 3 phase supply - expensive and not needed for home charging.
Too bad. There are countries, like Germany where I live, where this setup is standard. It is often even impossible/harder to get a home setup over here with a 32A single phase setup due to regulations, more expensive cables etc.

The whole electrical setup topic is very country specific, sadly.

I am very sorry for overlooking this thread is in the UK regional forum.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Too bad. There are countries, like Germany where I live, where this setup is standard. It is often even impossible/harder to get a home setup over here with a 32A single phase setup due to regulations, more expensive cables etc.

The whole electrical setup topic is very country specific, sadly.

I am very sorry for overlooking this thread is in the UK regional forum.
Same here in France. 3 phase into the house seem standard. At least 64 amps if not 2 by 64 amp?

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
Not directly related but my Porsche supplied cable will not let me charge at 7kw at home. If I use an Audi cable I can! ....I am having words with my dealership!

Docem3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Honda E
Country flag
Ok many thanks.
Will look into the possibility of a cable change.
Sponsored