Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC) update

Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, Audi TT, BMW 5
Country flag
My dealer says my PCCM must be updated together with the update of the car, otherwise I cannot charge my car.

Is it true ? ?
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
not sure it will/won‘t work - you need both the vehicle and the PMCC to be update to have all the known issues fixed with the latest updates.

I believe if the PMCC is not update it will continue to function as a charger and charge the car but you may still be subject to some bugs and behaviors that Porsche would rather have no longer happen.

it’s best to have both updated.

Reactions: Cat

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I know for a fact one scenario where 12V batteries in Taycan’s can die while being plugged in is in combination with a PMCC - that one fix alone is worth getting the PMCC updated.

Reactions: Cat

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My dealer says my PCCM must be updated together with the update of the car, otherwise I cannot charge my car.

Is it true ? ?
Which update are you referring to - WMA5 / 6 / or 7?

The PMCC (if connected to WiFi and software updates enabled) will maintain itself however in US I think some PMCC units required a physical update. I've been through WMA6 and no updates to the PMCC made by the dealer. The PMCC has the latest available update (from last November) which is 2925.

None of the updates would preclude charging your car however WMA5 / WMA6 addressed a 12V drain issue with the PLC (Power Line Connection) potentially being a cause and so you should get these updates.

When you've done all of that then book your safety recall update (just announced).

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag

Is it true ? ?
Same with me. The dealership asked that I bring in my PCCM with the car for the update - so I did.

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag

Is it true ? ?
This claim is completely false and nonsense. The PMCC will be able to charger your (and any other EV) without the update.

The dealership will install an update that can‘t be installed OTA. If you your chargers software version is lower than 2925 then there is also an OTA update you can install yourself or get installed at the dealership as well.

So as the update fixes some problems, it is good to get it. But claiming it won‘t charger your car if you don‘t do the update is false.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I ALWAYS bring my PMCC in whenever I have a visit to my service center. I figured this out after having to make a separate trip on request to bring it in. No harm and it's simple to unplug and stuff in the Frunk. I would recommend doing this whenever you bring the car in for any type of service.
Sponsored