Porsche route planner sent me to Tesla

Brandinimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Country flag
I am totally confused, I just got my Ticon and the first charging stop it sent me to was a bunch of Tesla superchargers and none of the plugs would fit in my car. Am I stupid or did I miss something?
Sponsored

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
There are settings you can choose that will force it to pick Porsche charger service fast chargers. That said, can you provide the location/address? Brooklyn, Yonkers, and Brewster ALL have Tesla DC fast chargers that will work with your car. However, to release the "MagicDock" that is required to fit the Taycan requires you use the Tesla app. Otherwise, the only cable "end" you'll see is the NACS/TEsla that indeed wont fit your car.

EDIT: Your profile just says New York -- so if you're further west that could also include Shirley, Kirkwood, Hancock and a few others -- NY has a BUNCH of non-Tesla MagicDock locations so it may have indeed sent you to a charger that you -could- use, if you unlock the CCS adapter, using the Tesla app :)

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It might have sent you to a MagicDock site, which would be an awesome improvement! (You download the Tesla app to pay and initiate charging.)

What was the charger address? We can see on PlugShare if it supports MagicDock.

OP
OP

Brandinimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Country flag
I feel so stupid, it was Brewster.

Tell me more about this releasing of the CCS plug…. It comes out of the charger itself?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If it was the Dunkin Donuts, that site did indeed have the magic docks:

https://www.plugshare.com/location/466734

The CCS adapter comes out of the charger with the cable after you've initiated the charge in the Tesla app.

If your car has the 150kW/400V addon, you will get over 130kW.
If not, it will max out at 50kW.

Porsche Taycan Porsche route planner sent me to Tesla IMG_1728

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I am totally confused, I just got my Ticon and the first charging stop it sent me to was a bunch of Tesla superchargers and none of the plugs would fit in my car. Am I stupid or did I miss something?
What i just found out is that superchargers locations are over hyped. There an’t that many

OP
OP

Brandinimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Country flag
That's so crazy - I do have the 150kw option...live and learn I guess.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I feel so stupid, it was Brewster.

Tell me more about this releasing of the CCS plug…. It comes out of the charger itself?
Let me know how it goes if you charge at the Tesla Superchargers at Brewster. That site is on my route to/from CT.
Also, good to know that Porsche charging planner shows it as a possible site. I did not know charging planner showed those sites.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
I have charged at Brewster NY with the MagicDock. 150kW 😀. You need to have the Tesla App to initiate charge so best to have that already installed and set up with a method of payment.
Sponsored