Porsche Vehicle Tracking

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Anyone had any issues with PVT+ on their Taycan?

I've had my car up with the dealer a couple of times and they can't seem to activate it.

Germany came back today to ask the colour of the e-call LED (next to the SOS button on the roof), and whether it was green or red - it's green, and the LTE status in the PCM - which is either just displayed as LTE on the left of the middle dash screen, or not at all.

... be intersting to hear from anyone else that's had issues?

For now Porsche insurance is covering it. It was either that or they had the option of keeping the car until fixed whilst proving a loaner.
Sponsored

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countach, Diablo SE30, Taycan Turbo, Lamborghini 5C
Country flag
Mine's back at the dealer right now as for some reason the tracker system wasn't registered properly when I took delivery. Allegedly this was due to a Porsche system upgrade that was being undertaken at the same time as they registered it during the PDI - I'm not convinced by this excuse...

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Mine had to go back to dealer to sort it out, turned out it had been off for first three months so I pushed for a refund for that period.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I picked up my car today, nothing was working properly, Porsche connect, Bluetooth and constant call from tracker guys.

was Driving past a Porsche showroom and stopped. They said that I had activated the services too early before the PDI and nothing was synced. My car is going back to Reading once PPF is done

Taycant

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
I picked up my car today, nothing was working properly, Porsche connect, Bluetooth and constant call from tracker guys.

was Driving past a Porsche showroom and stopped. They said that I had activated the services too early before the PDI and nothing was synced. My car is going back to Reading once PPF is done
I was told that I shouldnt go past the screen where you are told to check out / pay for services (eg security) in Porsche ID setup BEFORE they have completed the PDI.

At least for UK apparently if you do this a hard reset is required (in Reading) to get the functionality working.

Seems very convoluted workaround. Really something that should be handled in the technical process flow not in this way. Still....

Thavipah

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Audi Q7 e-tron
Country flag
I had the same issue. After 10 days of trying to get everything activated I found out my car was in "theftmode", without a working alarmsystem (and no insurance coverage).
The car was in the dealership for three weeks where they tried to solve the issue (with the factory in Germany).
I drove a nice cayenne for two weeks and a Panamera Turbo SE-hybrid for another 10 days. They were not able to get the ptvs activated, none of the online functionalities worked and Porsche Germany could not give an estimate on the time they needed to solve this issue. The dealer ended buying the car back from me since there was no other car available that had the same specs as my car.

For me it was a very frustrating an dissapointing experience. My dealer told me the only way they could communicate with someone at the factory was by e-mail and it was a trial and error situation with my car. I had a meeting were we discussed the buyback and the dealership mentioned to me that the Porsche server had "forgotten" my car and there was no communication possible between my car and the server from Porsche.

OP
OP
Sonic

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Oh wow... what a shit experience for you! I guess you're not in a rush to get a Porsche again?

There's still no resolution for mine, there's been a few messages to/from Germany apparently, and they're collecting the car on Monday, leaving me with something else ?‍♂

Not ideal, i'd like the bloody car i ordered and waited for, but hope there's a fix!

I've told them to keep it until it is, as i can't be arsed with lots of to-and-fro with the dealership.

Thavipah

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Audi Q7 e-tron
Country flag
To be honest I cannot wait to get back in a Porsche (a Taycan or a 992). These cars are great machines but also big computers. So theres always a risk that something can go wrong. In my case it went wrong. But I'll be back :) for sure!

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
I have also purchased the extra pvt+ but how do you know it is working ?

OP
OP
Sonic

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
I have also purchased the extra pvt+ but how do you know it is working ?
The dealership need to program the fobs. You need to carry one with you whilst driving the vehicle during the subscription else you’ll get a call...

frensham

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4e Hybrid
Country flag
Guys, for those of you who have a Uk taycan with PTVS what exactly is suppose to happen if it were driven without any of the two fobs?

my Porsche connect is showing it is enabled but I don’t get anyone calling me or a message on the dashboard if I drive it without the fob.

Separately I set a location alarm and that sends a message to my mobile phone but does it not send a message on the dashboard pcm?
In case it matters I have comfort access.

David

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I once drove my Taycan without the security fob and within a minute I got a call from the UK Vodafone Telematics call centre asking me for my security questions. The Porsche Connect app also pushed a notification saying "theft alert".

Its sounds like your security fobs might not be correctly registered with your car – something only your Porsche Centre can check out.

Note: Though I am in Ireland, the PVTS+ for this country is the same as the UK.

frensham

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4e Hybrid
Country flag
Thanks

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Guys, for those of you who have a Uk taycan with PTVS what exactly is suppose to happen if it were driven without any of the two fobs?

my Porsche connect is showing it is enabled but I don’t get anyone calling me or a message on the dashboard if I drive it without the fob.

Separately I set a location alarm and that sends a message to my mobile phone but does it not send a message on the dashboard pcm?
In case it matters I have comfort access.

David
The only way you know the tracker is working is to create a false positive - i.e. move the car without the fob. The car will complain if no fob present and you will get a call from Vodafone SOC (UK). Mine went offline for 2 weeks after collecting the car and I only found out by chance. The chap from Vodafone was able to tell me precisely when it when offline. Not impressed that this can happen.

I haven’t phoned them to check since but I suspect I need to periodically for peace of mind.

Both fobs required to be re-paired to the tracker in the car (took 2 hrs to resolve).

Not clear what the root cause was / is but I’m not confident with this particular implementation. My Pana ST had the same service and never failed once.

Satyricon

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s CT
Country flag
I had the same issue. After 10 days of trying to get everything activated I found out my car was in "theftmode", without a working alarmsystem (and no insurance coverage).
The car was in the dealership for three weeks where they tried to solve the issue (with the factory in Germany).
I drove a nice cayenne for two weeks and a Panamera Turbo SE-hybrid for another 10 days. They were not able to get the ptvs activated, none of the online functionalities worked and Porsche Germany could not give an estimate on the time they needed to solve this issue. The dealer ended buying the car back from me since there was no other car available that had the same specs as my car.

For me it was a very frustrating an dissapointing experience. My dealer told me the only way they could communicate with someone at the factory was by e-mail and it was a trial and error situation with my car. I had a meeting were we discussed the buyback and the dealership mentioned to me that the Porsche server had "forgotten" my car and there was no communication possible between my car and the server from Porsche.
Which dealer in NL was that?
Sponsored