Possible power upgrade coming for Taycan Turbo! And Turbo S?

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
I was in for a minor warranty issue in Germany today. Also getting a minor software update.

While taking about the Taycan, the (service) intake manager hinted that there may be a boost upgrade coming for the Taycan Turbo, paying a fee to Porsche to get it up to speed with the Turbo S!
Just wondering if someone else heard such a rumour as well, and/or if this is the case will Turbo S owners also get a bit of a (payable) reward?
....Asking for a friend :)
Sponsored

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
The pulse controlled inverters fitted to the front motors on Turbo and Turbo S have different ratings so hardware changes would be required too.

In the Taycan Turbo S, a pulse-controlled inverter with a maximum current rating of 600 amps is used on the front axle (Taycan 4S and Taycan Turbo: 300 amps)

OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
The pulse controlled inverters fitted to the front motors on Turbo and Turbo S have different ratings so hardware changes would be required too.

In the Taycan Turbo S, a pulse-controlled inverter with a maximum current rating of 600 amps is used on the front axle (Taycan 4S and Taycan Turbo: 300 amps)
I drive a CT TS ...and I am aware of this difference. The guy mentioned it, and if true I am sure the Turbo S will also get a boost. Hence Porsche let TS buyers down...pay more but the Turbo would be on par then. Exciting if anything would happen with respect to performance...hope so!

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Hope this is true granted I’m sure it will be at an unreasonable price. They should include a hp bump on all cars for free to keep them competitive with the competition.

ehi

First Name
Thehi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
a software upgrade to unlock more in the RWD would be huge
Sponsored