tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
I have been unable to charge at number of chargers recently.The car reports a charging error and it seemed like the issue was with the car. It occurred to me that I had recently enabled "Plug & Charge". I have now disabled it and returned to EVSEs that previously didn't work, now all is good.
Has anyone else experienced something similar? I have attached a screen shot of the EVSE. The are operated by Osprey but the software looks the same has in other EVSEs.
Porsche Taycan Potential Plug and Charge issue 20220625_135102
Porsche Taycan Potential Plug and Charge issue 20220626_190554

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can be Osprey hasn't implemented the feature correctly or there is an authentication issue somewhere down the line. They are / were a Porsche partner and so your Taycan Card should work.

OP
OP
tomw00

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
Can be Osprey hasn't implemented the feature correctly or there is an authentication issue somewhere down the line. They are / were a Porsche partner and so your Taycan Card should work.
I was trying to use bonnet so maybe there was a conflict. I'll do another test with just plugging it and not using bonnet to see what happens...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I was trying to use bonnet so maybe there was a conflict. I'll do another test with just plugging it and not using bonnet to see what happens...
Osprey don't support P&C but the Taycan Charge Card should. Example from My Porsche App attached. Mind you it shouldn't lead to a charging error (normally).

Note that OSPREY are now charging for time as well as kWh - same as Porsche.

Porsche Taycan Potential Plug and Charge issue Screenshot_20220627-070416_My Porsche

Last edited:

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Osprey don't support P&C but the Taycan Charge Card should. Example from My Porsche App attached. Mind you it shouldn't lead to a charging error (normally).

Note that OSPREY are now charging for time as well as kWh - same as Porsche.

Screenshot_20220627-070416_My Porsche.jpg
That’s Not great - adding the per min seems to be more of a European thing.

Do you know what the discount prices are on the porsche membership for IONITY / shell etc ? My cousin had a BMW and said he gets 30p on IONITY.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That’s Not great - adding the per min seems to be more of a European thing.

Do you know what the discount prices are on the porsche membership for IONITY / shell etc ? My cousin had a BMW and said he gets 30p on IONITY.
My Porsche App will give you the rates which will already be discounted - prices for kWh and time are provided separately. Access to these rates are 'free' for 3 years from new with your Taycan card or via Plug & Charge. I think the kWh discount is 50% but not 100% sure.

I suspect all EVSE operators will be following suit given the cost of electric and so rather than increase the kWh tariff they'll introduce the time charge and cover it that way - call me a cynic but...

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My Porsche App will give you the rates which will already be discounted - prices for kWh and time are provided separately. Access to these rates are 'free' for 3 years from new with your Taycan card or via Plug & Charge. I think the kWh discount is 50% but not 100% sure.

I suspect all EVSE operators will be following suit given the cost of electric and so rather than increase the kWh tariff they'll introduce the time charge and cover it that way - call me a cynic but...
Especially if porsche are doing it yes!

I can’t see the rates as yet as my car isn’t visible on the app anymore so just wanted an idea of costs if you have a quick summary ? Helps me plan my routes to Cornwall and the midlands.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thank you so much - looks like IONITY for me or if in no rush one of the many lampposts in borough (5kwh but 33p per kWh and 35p connection charge)

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
W1NGE - Osprey makes Tesla look cheap. Paying per minute on a 50 kWh charger. Dearey me.

Anyway; have you tried Dundee Tesla yet by any chance?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
W1NGE - Osprey makes Tesla look cheap. Paying per minute on a 50 kWh charger. Dearey me.

Anyway; have you tried Dundee Tesla yet by any chance?
No I've not tried it nor had a need to.

I have tried the 50kW at the pub just along the road. The Shell garage further along has a 50kW unit too.

Dundee is well served for EVSEs in general - there's even a multi stall hub down near the water front.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
No I've not tried it nor had a need to.

I have tried the 50kW at the pub just along the road. The Shell garage further along has a 50kW unit too.

Dundee is well served for EVSEs in general - there's even a multi stall hub down near the water front.
Are $hell garages on a discounted rate on the Porsche memebership ?

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Are $hell garages on a discounted rate on the Porsche memebership ?
No I don't think so but curiously are listed in the Shell Recharge App.

Also notice that the one in Dundee is no longer listed.

Typically 55p / 45p for Shell 50kW EVSE.

Porsche Taycan Potential Plug and Charge issue Screenshot_20220628-124757_Shell Recharge
Sponsored