First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
All,

Had an Audi e-tron for 2.5 years and never used the built in timer. Always used the charge timer in my JuiceBox and set the max charge independently in the car.

I've noticed that my Taycan cycles on an off, seemingly at regular intervals, when doing a timer/profile charge (haven't tried direct charging yet). This happens with my JuiceBox and my new Wallbox Pulsar Plus, both with no timers or TOU restrictions set. Anyone experience this?

Profile is set for 25% minimum and preferred charging time 12AM-7AM
Timer is set for Daily 7AM 60%

Screenshot from my Tesla app showing the charge session last night.

Porsche Taycan Power Cycling During AC Charge Screenshot_20220206-082822
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
All,

Had an Audi e-tron for 2.5 years and never used the built in timer. Always used the charge timer in my JuiceBox and set the max charge independently in the car.

I've noticed that my Taycan cycles on an off, seemingly at regular intervals, when doing a timer/profile charge (haven't tried direct charging yet). This happens with my JuiceBox and my new Wallbox Pulsar Plus, both with no timers or TOU restrictions set. Anyone experience this?

Profile is set for 25% minimum and preferred charging time 12AM-7AM
Timer is set for Daily 7AM 60%

Screenshot from my Tesla app showing the charge session last night.

Screenshot_20220206-082822.png
I think this may be normal as your max charge (60%) is quite low and there is ample time within your charging window to complete the task. It could be the car has determined it can charge as and when rather than continuously as it aims to complete by the departure time of 07:00.

Doc_Rock

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RWD Taycan
Country flag
I too have a Juicebox and I found the best situation is to let the Juicebox manage the charge and not the car. Basically I set the general profile to charge to 100% on the car and set the max on the JB to 85%. The only drawback is that you need to tell the JB the current SOC when you plug in.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Interesting. With my Zappi2 also shows the power usage and I’ve also seen the current drop-out pulses throughout the the charge cycle. Well I did until it went in for a repair! I had the High Voltage RED warning that resulted in something in the HV system being changed (not sure what). Yes the HV was working again and when charged I also noticed no dropouts. Unfortunately, the HV fault still remained and a replacement HV battery is on its way. I was also told something else of interest that my 2020 model is different from the current Taycan batteries and it was being supplied directly from manufacturer, hence the 5 week delay. . . .
Sponsored