Power Failure and has been at OPC for 7 days

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Wow - probably the wine talking but I have to call some of these responses out - some of the comments here are imo beyond belief - suspect many are 'commenting ' based on either (I hope) newbie experience whilst other's are just blind followers with an excuse for anything their 'beloved' brand offers - fortunately, still others actually nailed it - thank you :). Up front apologies, but I just have no respect nor time for 'cool aid' preachers.

If you pay for a premium product you 100% should expect premium performance and if not forthcoming, then premium service - period! We are paying (with eyes wide open) rather obscene prices for this 'privilege' of ownership and if delivered, excellent, bravo!; if not, then there is in fact a significant problem.

And further, if said premium product has ben determined to have circumvented full QC before marketing and worse, sold under the pretense of having passed said QC, there should be no excuse to justify this to either brand 'loyalists' or to new brand buyers.

Of course my hope is that the long list of what appear to be primarily software failures reported here are indeed exceptions rather than the rule, but the frequency even for an end-member forum eco-system do seem concerning.

Well I've vented and I guess my own true test forthcoming - I pick mine up tomorrow :)!
Fingers firmly crossed.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
taycan is unreliable
Is there some reason you decided to resurrect a 7 month old thread to leave a comment that does not provide new information? Seems like you had a bad experience with your Taycan but why did you bring this old thread back? Genuinely curious.

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car bricked for the second time. The first time it died in the garage after 4 days of ownership. It had to be towed in. It was the battery issue. Then it had to go back multiple times for software issues. Prior to the second death, it had only been charging to 62% or 66% or sometimes it would be nice and go to 85% which is what it was set to. But it worked. Well last week I had it at the office. The battery was at 82%. I went to leave for surgery and it had the red circle of death saying electrical system error, Park vehicle in a safe place. I locked it and tried again to start it but it was dead. So I had to get a ride to surgery and come back in the evening to wait for the tow truck. The service advisor told me Porsche said it was a charging cable issue. I told him sure that's probably part of the problem b/c when it decides to stop charging the error says charging error. But this time around the battery was at 82% so it's not like it died because of lack of power. He said, oh, yes, that doesn't make sense that that is the only issue. I have a 2020 Turbo S with everything updated. It's a great car but it is a horrible horrible computer. Thank god I was parked and safe and it didn't die on the highway. I concur with the statement earlier that they don't know what they are doing. I've been very patient with the car since I got a great deal on it and I expected to be a beta tester. But this patience is wearing thin.
Sponsored