First 3 days, 7+ issues

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I picked up my shiny new cherry red RWD sedan Saturday morning (built mid-January). The car drives absolutely brilliantly, and the first 8 hours of ownership were completely problem-free, but after that things started getting a little weird.

- Saturday evening, around 8pm: the alarm issue. I had parked somewhere meeting a friend, and within 30 seconds of locking the car the alarm went off. Every single time. Disabling interior monitoring stops it from happening, but it's a workaround.
- Saturday evening, try to trickle charge at home over 120v, ground fault. Possibly the plugs in my building, maybe the charger, maybe the car.
- Sunday afternoon, on a drive with a friend, after most of the day playing the built in Apple Music, we used Android Auto music for a bit. Later, around 6pm, Apple Music disappeared from the list of available sources.
- Sunday, around 8:30 pm, on my drive home from the grocery store, the PCM no longer detects that it's dark out. My map and Android Auto stay in light mode as a result. Turning the headlights on/off manually doesn't help. Headlights and ambient lighting all work as expected.
- Sunday, 9pm, I get home. I lock the car, and within 2 seconds the alarm starts going off. Unlocking makes it stop after a second or two. Nothing works to make it stop doing this, interior monitoring / rebooting PCM / driving a bit / switching key / checking all doors and (f/t)runk / ... After a while at least I discovered that if I just walk away with interior monitoring disabled, it'll stop blaring after 15 seconds.
- Monday, 10am, I get to work, everything seems fine again. Disable interior monitoring, lock car, no alarm! I tried trickle charging at work (L2 all taken), ground fault. Weird.
- Monday, 2pm, a charger freed up so I move my car. Forgot to disable interior monitoring.
- Monday, 3pm, I get a notification on my phone my alarm went off. Walked over to disable interior monitoring.
- Monday, 7pm, leave work. Car greets me with a 15 second PCM boot time, and then a setup guide. It doesn't allow me to switch to my user, only guest. Privacy mode is enabled and can't be disabled. I can't log in / use online data. App control is no longer possible. Multiple factory resets and reboots make no difference. FM radio only gives me white noise, and the station list shows "Loading data..." forever.

My sales advisor already made a service appointment for me this morning. He also confirmed after I asked that my car needs the alarm recall done.

I think I'll just drive by tomorrow to have them at least do a 12V / terminal 30 reset in the hopes that that helps with the PCM login/data issue, which is the most annoying one so far, and to test if I can trickle charge on their outlets.

It's a little disheartening. The car is insanely fun to drive, but all these software issues are an absolute embarrassment. I'm a little extra salty now that I missed out on the new PCM update by just over a month.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Alarm issue is one thing and must already have been an issue prior to delivery - seems your dealer failed to inform you unless they don't lock the car's.

New repair campaign - https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/interior-alarm-fix-wnb4.10470/

Login issues could also be handover related and something not quite registered completely from an admin perspective. If neither then the problem can materialise periodically but generally self clears within a day.

Reactions: B61

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
the car is buggy but your dealership should set up your account properly and they should have done any available fixes like the alarm bug before delivering the car to you.

shame on them!

sadly this dealership ineptness is all too common, porsche dropped the ball on training their dealerships.

Reactions: B61

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wow really sorry to see you go through that after waiting for do long. We were in the same April delivery group but somehow mine has had no issues other than the missing trip planner, which my SA initially thought it’s relating to the PIRM option. Hopefully your dealer gets it all sorted out.

OP
OP
Ambroos

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
So I don't think the dealer is to blame. The car went through PDI with no pending actions. When I picked the car up I signed in to the PCM and everything worked fine too.

I'm just hitting a large number of the issues other people have over the life of their car right away.

@WattTurbo now that you mention it, I am also missing the charging planner.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
So I don't think the dealer is to blame.
this is on the dealership, this is a well known recall and they should have checked the TSBs and made sure that the car was 100% up to date for delivery to you, sending you out with the car and then having you need to return for completion of the process is a massive fail on their part and tarnishes the porsche experience.

OP
OP
Ambroos

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Well, as I got in my car this morning, even though I did multiple factory resets yesterday, suddenly it knows who I am again. Gave it another factory reset and I was greeted with the proper setup guide. Everything now just seems to magically work again.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
So I don't think the dealer is to blame. The car went through PDI with no pending actions. When I picked the car up I signed in to the PCM and everything worked fine too.

I'm just hitting a large number of the issues other people have over the life of their car right away.

If it is any help, I've had my car since mid January and just last week had a spate of PCM problems similar to your's: Long boot, didn't sign on with my user and then went into Privacy mode. I was able to deactivate Privacy mode, but it was some strange behavior. Everything has been normal since. I'm thinking an update or something related to my key, which already needed a new battery (definitely low voltage).

Apple Music seems to be more reliable now that my SiriusXM trial is over. SiriusXM was constantly displaying a trial notification dialog that had to be cleared and would lock up the PCM until I had done so. Since I intended on subscribing anyway, I begged Sirius to terminate my trial early, but they couldn't do it. Things are much better now.

Alarm sensor ordered for my car, but no ETA. I've found that the only reliable way around it is to double click the remote and confirm the two short, one long light flash.

Mission C

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, MB GLS450
Country flag

My 2022 RWD I got 2 weeks ago, built Mid January and I have the exact same issues as you with the alarm and PCM boot up/lock out. I adore the car, it's a shame on Porsche that they cannot or will not sort out the software issues on these cars.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I picked up a 4S two weeks ago that had a mid Jan build. Dealer took care of the alarm recall prior to pick up and zero issues. Your dealer sucks

USSWEDE

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 2022
Country flag
Sounds about right, glitches and issues
Hello, Yes - the alarm issue they will fix (extremely annoying) - however the PCM issues (geez I have several videos) - doesn't go away (yet). I'm happy when the mediocre rear-view camera works and surprised when the apps appear as expected. My car is actually at the garage since yesterday and I got the Macan as a loaner (what a POS). Porsche is not taking care of its brand very well but sales are excellent and service is really friendly. I sense tension inbetween sales/service and HQ (probably a bunch of short-term accountants and finance people) and the brand officer seems to have resigned. Taycans made after January 2022 have a new hardware for PCM and I can't get it - at least not as of today but I will keep you guys posted. The old PCM hardware is out of some Skoda and if you don't have icons on the home screen in colour - then you have the old hardware. Then we have the charging issues with Ionity...see separate thread.
Sponsored