First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
All -

New to the forum so apologies if I’m duplicating threads. I’m a new Taycan owner - had the car less than a month and just hit 800 miles and had complete loss of power. Luckily the car was in a friend’s driveway but had to get towed to the dealership.

After reading some of the posts on this forum, I have some major concerns about this issue and the fact that it happened to me within a month of owning. But I have not seen any fixes. Unless I’m missing something, am I screwed?? I live in Texas and lemon laws are generally NOT in favor of the consumer. It’s sitting at the dealer now for 4 days and they are still diagnosing the problem. They ‘believe’ it is something related to the airbag not communicating with the computer. Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated!!!

Below is the screenshots.

Porsche Taycan “Electrical system error” and “Engine control failure” total loss of power 225753B0-6D19-452D-ADC8-93EB390D4B8C

Porsche Taycan “Electrical system error” and “Engine control failure” total loss of power C1BDE255-7B06-4C7E-B3DC-DFFD93EE8D5D

Porsche Taycan “Electrical system error” and “Engine control failure” total loss of power 67A11ABA-63C3-4944-BED5-E9D0B5A0A0A1

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm sorry you have experienced this problem.
Sometimes, instrument panel errors (and other unusual operational problems) on a Taycan resolve themselves. These steps can be helpful.
--Turn off car and exit it. Take key fobs and move away from the car (20 to 30 feet so key fobs are out of range of the car) for 5 to 10 minutes. This can reset the car software systems.
--Same as above, but for 30 to 45 minutes.
--If the above do not work, some owners do a hard reset. In this step, you briefly (few seconds) disconnect the 12 volt battery located in the frunk. There are posts on the forum that give details of steps for a hard battery reset.

It's not always feasible to wait and try the above. You can read lots of posts here about electrical system error messages. Not clearly any one cause or fix.

Drakos

First Name
Markos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Rivian R1S, Tesla X Plaid
Country flag
This happened to me the other day as I was driving down the highway on my way to taking my daughter to school. I made my way to the closest exit, which happened to be the exit for my dealer. I only made it to the bottom of the exit ramp. I used the SOS button and talked to a real person within seconds, but he just gave me a phone number to call roadside assistance. While on hold with the automated system, two gentlemen came up next to me and asked that I roll down the window. It just so happened that two master level Porsche Mechanics clocked me and came over to help. They power cycled the car and got me to where I could drive it to the service center (the message in the dash went from red to yellow). The service center at my dealer is top notch and had me back on the road in another Taycan within minutes. They called me the next day and let me know what the problem was and that the part would be here in a day or two, so I should have my car back by the weekend. I’m not 100% positive exactly the problem, but he said something about a high voltage something or another…

I’ve read many horror stories about long lead times on parts or terrible dealers/service centers. I’m fortunate to live near a rockstar dealer. Ymmv…

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
This happened to me the other day as I was driving down the highway on my way to taking my daughter to school. I made my way to the closest exit, which happened to be the exit for my dealer. I only made it to the bottom of the exit ramp. I used the SOS button and talked to a real person within seconds, but he just gave me a phone number to call roadside assistance. While on hold with the automated system, two gentlemen came up next to me and asked that I roll down the window. It just so happened that two master level Porsche Mechanics clocked me and came over to help. They power cycled the car and got me to where I could drive it to the service center (the message in the dash went from red to yellow). The service center at my dealer is top notch and had me back on the road in another Taycan within minutes. They called me the next day and let me know what the problem was and that the part would be here in a day or two, so I should have my car back by the weekend. I’m not 100% positive exactly the problem, but he said something about a high voltage something or another…

I’ve read many horror stories about long lead times on parts or terrible dealers/service centers. I’m fortunate to live near a rockstar dealer. Ymmv…
Apparently I need to move to VA beach. I think every part of this story is like a magical fantasy land for car trouble, minus the car trouble.

Car breaks down, magical techs show up, there is a loaner without a 2 month wait, and the final straw, there are magical parts to fix the car with. I love it. Here I am struggling to get minor issues covered.

Drakos

First Name
Markos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Rivian R1S, Tesla X Plaid
Country flag
I know! I should have bought a lottery ticket that day lol…

Checkered Flag Porsche. They rock…
Sponsored