PPF + Ceramic (brands / dealers)

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Hi,
I’ve been looking for PPF and ceramic coating for my Taycan 4S. Would ideally like to go for full car w/ Ceramic.

My dealer (NYC)
PPF (front) 3,695, full 8,000
Ceramic: 4600 + Wheel 1850

Now I’m willing to drive to save costs, because $15k is definitely out of my budget.

I haven’t found a dealer offering Dynoshield in the NorthEast. Found one in Richmond, Washington but that’s too far. As w/ dynoshield I wouldn’t need to do ceramic on the car (just wheels).

Found one providing XPel Ultimate Plus and Xpel Fusion Plus (ceramic) in Massachusetts and within budget.

Found one in Farmingdale, NY providing Xpel & 30% cheaper than my dealer.

I’d love to hear back on both, quality of products and which one to go with and also shops. The pricing varies so drastically that I feel I need more information.
Sponsored

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
I got STEK Dynoshield on Long Island for WAY less than what you were quoted.

Have had XPEL in the past, no complaints with either, they both do the job. IMO the installer is more important than the brand of film.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I got STEK Dynoshield on Long Island for WAY less than what you were quoted.

Have had XPEL in the past, no complaints with either, they both do the job. IMO the installer is more important than the brand of film.
Could you share the place you got it done from. I’m looking at Long Island options too

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Used STEK on a Tesla in late 2019. It showed more wear within the first 12 months than Xpel Ultimate.

Used Xpel on Taycan and all other cars. It performs well and holds up better than STEK even the older installs I had completed 10 years ago.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Call Rick Puthoff at Eclipse here in Cincinnati 513-260-6522 and he will recommend the best place in your area.