SuperAman

First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hey guys, I have a white 4S CS that I’ve had wrapped in a satin black PPF, and then ceramic coated. For some reason my wrap installer told me not to use a wand wash on the wrap. Where I live, washing a car at home isn’t legal, and with snow on the roads it’s been really hard to keep it clean. Any recommendations for how to wash it? I’ve been using a touchless car wash ( which my wrap installer suggested) but some of the caked on debris never comes off. Think a wand wash is ok?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hey guys, I have a white 4S CS that I’ve had wrapped in a satin black PPF, and then ceramic coated. For some reason my wrap installer told me not to use a wand wash on the wrap. Where I live, washing a car at home isn’t legal, and with snow on the roads it’s been really hard to keep it clean. Any recommendations for how to wash it? I’ve been using a touchless car wash ( which my wrap installer suggested) but some of the caked on debris never comes off. Think a wand wash is ok?
Thanks!
Better check back with you wrap guy. I have a three year old Taycan and Audi Q7, both wrapped, but not satin and I use an Adam's power washer all the time with no ill effect. I don't blow hard on the edges where it might lift the wrap, but haven't seen any problems

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Xpel Stealth PPF which I've had for almost 2 years now. I hand wash about once a month with a home garden hose at low pressure, microfiber hand mitt, and chemical guys satin/matte finish soap. No problems.

Porsche Taycan How to wash ppf + ceramic coating ? IMG_5795

enzo5000

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT, BMW E60 M5, BMW R1250GSA
Country flag
I use a wand sprayer all the time on my clear gloss PPF. I just keep it farther away than I usually would on unwrapped paint. Maybe at least 2 to 3 feet away. No problems.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Thanks!
Rinseless washing is something to look into. I am deep into detailing as a hobby and I have nearly every pro level tool. It’s fascinating to me that one of the best ways to wash requires almost no tools at all and no hose.

As with all wash processes , the proper technique is important to great results.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have clear PPF installed and there has not been any issue to use a pressure washer! Just do not hold it very close and do no spray hard against any edges or corners. My detailer showed me how to wash it properly with snow foam, rinse, wash with two buckets, rinse and air dry. After 4 years it still looks like new.

Never seen any detailer recommend rinse less wash and not seen it being used here. It would not have worked on my car after winter driving I think!

Porsche Taycan How to wash ppf + ceramic coating ? IMG_1241

The wheels are solid black when clean.

Porsche Taycan How to wash ppf + ceramic coating ? IMG_1246

Porsche Taycan How to wash ppf + ceramic coating ? IMG_1230

Porsche Taycan How to wash ppf + ceramic coating ? IMG_1290

GreenHornet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4 Mamba Green
Country flag
I have PPF on my CT4. Wrap guy said go nuts with the high preasure washer. Just don't use it close to fold/corners and so on where the wrap ends because they can get loose over time (would still be fixed under warranty). Just use common sense and you will be fine.

I have ProFilm clear PPF on my whole car and 12 years warranty on the product and 5 years on the installation.

lcomrie

First Name
Lancelot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Issue isn’t as much the PPF. It’s the ceramic coating that would be impacted using a high pressure wand.