PPF

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have even been yelled at by a young mum parking beside me when I pointed out that it was not nice for her to hit my car with her door. I received a proper roasting! 🙄🙄🙄
#metoo

In my case, she actually made a bump in my door and after I pointed it out, said "don't be a pussy"

Like... I should be fine with having the door nicked in. 🙄

I actually was very polite but she was pretty agressive
Sponsored

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I have added Gtech ceramic coating to the build sheet. Was quite cheap compared to the other quotations received. 825 squid and they need the car 3 days. I wonder if it is just a 2 hours job given to the lad on duty that day…
I had the same G-tech done by the Jaguar dealer and I have to say the job was spot on. And they have asked 500quid. ( the kit is 70 quid online and probably I could do it myself if I wanted?).
Soon after g-tech I am looking to get the front end ppf. So far I was asked 800-1000 which seems cheap compared to the 1500-1800 of this tread.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have added Gtech ceramic coating to the build sheet. Was quite cheap compared to the other quotations received. 825 squid and they need the car 3 days. I wonder if it is just a 2 hours job given to the lad on duty that day…
I had the same G-tech done by the Jaguar dealer and I have to say the job was spot on. And they have asked 500quid. ( the kit is 70 quid online and probably I could do it myself if I wanted?).
Soon after g-tech I am looking to get the front end ppf. So far I was asked 800-1000 which seems cheap compared to the 1500-1800 of this tread.
Sounds very cheap to me. There is a difference to get a Gtechniq coating and a proper paint correction first. Gtechniq will not hide any blemishes.

Also ask the detailer if he can put PPF over ceramic coating, because you might find it will not stick to the paint then.

Ask a reputable detailer gor advice.

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Good day all,

Car finally here and I am thinking of getting PPF sorted , front end .
This is what I have been quoted ÂŁ3500 for.

PPF installation (Track Pack Edition).
Certified installation of XPEL film protection to all forward-facing surfaces.
Prior to installation, vehicles are prepared with a complete paint correction to ensure best aesthetics.
After installation, vehicles are treated with a ceramic coat treatment to the body, wheels, and calipers.
10 Year Warranty – XPEL Film and 9 Year Warranty – Ceramic Treatment

I am just north of London. Does this appear reasonable or not ?, kindly advise

ShayO

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good day all,

Prior to installation, vehicles are prepared with a complete paint correction to ensure best aesthetics.
After installation, vehicles are treated with a ceramic coat treatment to the body, wheels, and calipers.

I haven’t had mine done yet (getting the car this week) but this already sounds better than what I’ve been quoted by the dealer. I’ll be watching the responses to this with interest.

Also - if the feedback is positive from the forum, would you be able to share details of the company that’s quoted this? I’m in London too.

DavidG

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I haven’t had mine done yet (getting the car this week) but this already sounds better than what I’ve been quoted by the dealer. I’ll be watching the responses to this with interest.

Also - if the feedback is positive from the forum, would you be able to share details of the company that’s quoted this? I’m in London too.
I’m in Bristol and I’ve been quoted £3,500 plus vat for XPEL full car plus ceramic coating including wheels and glass.

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’m in Bristol and I’ve been quoted £3,500 plus vat for XPEL full car plus ceramic coating including wheels and glass.
sounds far better even though this is ÂŁ3,500 all in. Is the warranty the same ?

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

Thanks, this quote came from the dealer who said he has passed my details to the actual company to call me anytime now. 100% happy to share once I know

DavidG

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
sounds far better even though this is ÂŁ3,500 all in. Is the warranty the same ?
Yes except the ceramic coating is only 5 years, which I thought was the max the manufacturer provided, and is as long as I will have the car for.

ShayO

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any details you can share please?

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag

I had my previous Jaguar I Pace full PPF with GVE in Uxbridge who did a mighty fine job.
For Taycan after reading the forum & recommendations went to Auto Forensics in Surrey who did the full car with XPEL & GTechniq ceramic coating, alloys, interior for ÂŁ3900.
Would get quotes from both & compare.

eddieterry

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911Turbo, Taycan CT Turbo 2023.
Country flag
Good day all,

Might be worth getting a quote from Topaz if you are in London.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Might be worth getting a quote from Topaz if you are in London.
Go and see Topaz and also NVN. They are just around the corner from each other (Park Royal). Both very impressive set up and be prepared for some car envy.

Must admit i never bothered in the end as I had factory fitted front PPF and swissvax wax which the dealer put on by mistake. My plan was to get ceramic done once the wax wore off, but I never got around to it.
Sponsored