Johnc33458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Can someone help in describing how to ‘pre cool’ the Taycan? Using the app I set the temp and the areas to be pre cooled, but get message’not available at this time, call dealer or Porsche’.
I think Forum members have more wisdom than the other two combined.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi, I have had similar issues but got it to work the following way.

First of all check that the dots in the upper left corner are all green and you do hve contac5 with the car. I had some issues with the cellular network at first.

Then I just pressed Climate Control and pressed start. My temperature was the setting that I had when I parked the car. I skipped the edit of the areas to cool the car. If I remember correctly only the front two seats were indicated.

That worked fine for me. Also check when you leave the car, that the A/C is set to on and not A/C ECO. I have had to switch ECO off since it did not really cool the car I a powerful way.

Good Luck

OP
OP
Johnc33458

Johnc33458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Hi, I have had similar issues but got it to work the following way.

First of all check that the dots in the upper left corner are all green and you do hve contac5 with the car. I had some issues with the cellular network at first.

Then I just pressed Climate Control and pressed start. My temperature was the setting that I had when I parked the car. I skipped the edit of the areas to cool the car. If I remember correctly only the front two seats were indicated.

That worked fine for me. Also check when you leave the car, that the A/C is set to on and not A/C ECO. I have had to switch ECO off since it did not really cool the car I a powerful way.

Good Luck
Thanks. Yes i just looked and it is red meaning that i do not have connectivity. Got the message ‘ not available at this time’. Will try when i am closer to car. Is that the basis for operation?

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Thanks. Yes i just looked and it is red meaning that i do not have connectivity. Got the message ‘ not available at this time’. Will try when i am closer to car. Is that the basis for operation?
The red dots disappear when your phone has a connection to the Porsche server, and the server a connection to the car. Sometime you may not have an LTE connection from where you park (for instance in underground parking). Picture below - see also my post here

This is at home when trying to start climate. Even if you turn climate on now, nothing will happen
Porsche Taycan Pre-cooling 1594473081159

As you see, after 30-60 seconds , the Porsche server gets connected to the car. If you send a command to start climate, this turns on now.

Porsche Taycan Pre-cooling 1594473242235

OP
OP
Johnc33458

Johnc33458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
The red dots disappear when your phone has a connection to the Porsche server, and the server a connection to the car. Sometime you may not have an LTE connection from where you park (for instance in underground parking). Picture below - see also my post here

This is at home when trying to start climate. Even if you turn climate on now, nothing will happen
1594473081159.png

As you see, after 30-60 seconds , the Porsche server gets connected to the car. If you send a command to start climate, this turns on now.

1594473242235.png

1594473081159.png

1594473242235.png
Great explanation with screen shots. My dealer did not know. I will try later when i am not in enclosed garage as i am now. Thank you.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Great explanation with screen shots. My dealer did not know. I will try later when i am not in enclosed garage as i am now. Thank you.
Whenever I start the Porsche Connect app it always has red dots - my impression is that the Porsche server does not stay connected to the car once you power off (that is the explanation why there is virtually no battery drain when parked). I suspect when you open the app on the phone it connects to the server, and then the server tries to contact the car - which takes a little while. As you see in the pictures, the time difference on the app is 1 minute (in fact it is usually only 30 seconds or so to get the connection).

You can try anytime for your car. The important part is to check when you park if you have antenna on the screen in your car (the LTE bars top right corner). If you do, you can remotely connect, if no signal probably not. At work we have underground parking, and most of the area has no reception - that is how I know about it.

Porsche Taycan Pre-cooling 1594475718846

Last edited: