OP
Domy69

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
Try to set a timer for when you plan to leave on the PCM. But also set it to preheat at the same departure time. No special with the app needed in such case.

I did that the other day when the battery was at 2 degrees C in the morning, plugged in and set timer for both battery charging and preheating. Only needed about 30% so the 3.5 hours at 11 kW would be enough.

Car charged to desired level (actually 2 % above) and battery warmed to 22 degrees C. The drive after that only consumed 22 kWh/100 km in about 7-9 degrees C. So it does help a lot to schedule charging and preheating at the same time

I charge with my PMCC so I can also see the charge power over time.
Logically I think this must be the best compromise to optimize the battery without wasting energy unnecessarily.

Charge too high the day before and leave the car without movement 3 to 4 hours after charging in winter, in my opinion, energy is lost because of the cold and the car will be less efficient as long as the battery is not at temperature. I may be wrong, but that would make sense.

Recently Tesla offers battery pre-conditioning separate from cabin pre-conditioning.

As much as Porsche is a car that drives :rock: Tesla has a head start on the battery system :bandit:
Sponsored