Preparation for Porsche dash cam

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Now Preparation for Porsche dash cam is a zero cost option on the UK configurator….shouldn’t it be fitted as standard ,instead of having to resubmit your configuration to include it ?😮😵💫🤔
Could of easily missed it 🤯
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not sure if it leaves something visible on the windscreen which you may not like - if so then I guess that's why.

OP
OP
Clod Reed

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure if it leaves something visible on the windscreen which you may not like - if so then I guess that's why.
A free dash cam would be nice …(if it was any good )

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Anyone received a vehicle with the pre wiring for Porsche Dashcam yet? I'm assuming it is unique to the VAG Dashcam and no use for supply power to 3rd party dashcams?

Anyone know if this is now in production, I would not want to add it then find my build dates is pushed back!

Last edited:

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Update for UK
My build date is currently 28th October with estimated delivery to Reading on 25th November.
I checked with PRG Reading and they advised that adding the free dash cam pre-wiring option would definitely delay my build date!

OP
OP
Clod Reed

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update for UK
My build date is currently 28th October with estimated delivery to Reading on 25th November.
I checked with PRG Reading and they advised that adding the free dash cam pre-wiring option would definitely delay my build date!
Don’t believe them😉🤣

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Don’t believe them😉🤣
Haha yes I will belive the delivery date when I get the car but not worth risking delay due to adding dash cam pre wiring particularly as the Porsche Traffic Recorder is overpriced and poor quality compared to Blackvue or similar 4K cameras

OP
OP
Clod Reed

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Haha yes I will belive the delivery date when I get the car but not worth risking delay due to adding dash cam pre wiring particularly as the Porsche Traffic Recorder is overpriced and poor quality compared to Blackvue or similar 4K cameras
Audi has the same one ….but it’s now updated and has a rear camera…..hope Porsche include the rear wiring ready for the upgrade 😉 its bound to be coming

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Audi has the same one ….but it’s now updated and has a rear camera…..hope Porsche include the rear wiring ready for the upgrade 😉 its bound to be coming

Yes I had assumed it was front and rear wiring but the configurator only shows the front camera so not sure now.

I found a thread on the Audi version where a video engineer had stripped one down to look at the sensors etc and had determined the manufacturer of the unit. Cannot remember the detail now but basically it is a cheap Far Eastern unit produced for VAG.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Now Preparation for Porsche dash cam is a zero cost option on the UK configurator….shouldn’t it be fitted as standard ,instead of having to resubmit your configuration to include it ?😮😵💫🤔
Could of easily missed it 🤯
I noticed this in the US configurator recently as an option. I am pretty sure it wasn’t there early this year when I placed my order 🤷🏽