Price for wheel and tire insurance from dealer for CPO: $5k ?!?!

Slappy_G

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo sedan, Audi S6
Country flag
Hey there, so the dealer I am buying a CPO thru is quoting $5100 for 5 years of wheel and tire coverage via something called Porsche Silver. This also includes a bunch of garbage I don't want like key protection.

This price seems insanely high to me. Does Porsche not offer standalone wheel and tire packages? That's all I would be interested in. I can push for it if I know that's a thing. Failing that, if the dealership wants to be annoying and not offer it standalone, are there other options such as buying it from a friendlier dealer after the fact or using a trusted third party?
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I spoke to my dealer's finance and this is what they quoted me:

$4,500 84 months: Wheel/Tire, Windshield (limit of 1), and Ding (no deductible)
$2,750 84 months: Wheel/Tire only with no deductible (I paid $1,500 3 years ago for Cayenne)
$1,885 84 months: Windshield (limit of 1) (no deductible) and said replacement out of pocket is $5K

My State Farm policy covers Windshield as part of the Comprehensive coverage they list just as Glass coverage assuming includes broken in windows. My deductible is $1,000 so Windshield is definitely not necessary for me. Wheel/Tire coverage makes sense, but I am waiting on the dealer to quote me their out of pocket for E-Mission in body color wheel and Tire costs to make a decision to purchase coverage or not.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hey there, so the dealer I am buying a CPO thru is quoting $5100 for 5 years of wheel and tire coverage via something called Porsche Silver. This also includes a bunch of garbage I don't want like key protection.

This price seems insanely high to me. Does Porsche not offer standalone wheel and tire packages? That's all I would be interested in. I can push for it if I know that's a thing. Failing that, if the dealership wants to be annoying and not offer it standalone, are there other options such as buying it from a friendlier dealer after the fact or using a trusted third party?
My dealer offered it as a standalone package, and that's what I bought.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Put the $5K in an online savings account…earn 4%. You can draw from that account……. if you ever need to.