Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hey ho - when my SA comes back to me I'll know what my dealer's 'take' will be (excuse the possible pun). The sad part is, I'm no longer surprised at the appalling communications by Porsche and have gone from being somewhat irritated by it to actually a bit embarrassed to be connected with it...............
Just wait until it has been delivered and you have experienced some of Porsche bespoke features. Then all communications with Porsche, dealer etc will to vaporise !
Sponsored

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Does anybody know if the Dick Lovett group are increasing their prices for cars already allocated 🧐

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Just wait until it has been delivered and you have experienced some of Porsche bespoke features. Then all communications with Porsche, dealer etc will to vaporise !
I know you are right (this isn't my first Porsche) and I will absolutely enjoy Taycan ownership but, it would just be nice if Porsche could sort out their communications for once.

Look at the confusion they've created within this thread over a (unannounced) price rise.

Roll on December when a CT 4S will be in my garage. :like:

OP
OP

cockyapple

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan rwd
Country flag
I know you are right (this isn't my first Porsche) and I will absolutely enjoy Taycan ownership but, it would just be nice if Porsche could sort out their communications for once.

Look at the confusion they've created within this thread over a (unannounced) price rise.

Roll on December when a CT 4S will be in my garage. :like:
You hit the nail on the head
The sad thing is this is one of many threads on the forum where customers are unhappy with build slots....allocations.....communications.....customer service etc etc......as good as the cars genuinely are......there seems to be as many unhappy and disgruntled punters as there is customers singing there praise.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
There has been as someone else mentioned a huge increase in new Porsche (Taycan) customers, principally from business owners and salary sacrifice/leasing + tax breaks for EVs.

This is one theory of mine as to why Porsche do not care. They are not used to dealing with this customer profile, where it is a very wealthy 50-something who is the typical Porsche buyer.

Instead they have a bunch of entrepreneurs and career high-flyers, and are inundated with orders.

They could not care less if they lose these customers, especially as many won't be buying a new car once the tax breaks end, which they will.

That might explain why they are so lackadaisical.

My interactions with BMW were very professional and well organised, even though they knew I was not even in the UK. Sent me a calendar invite for the test drive for when I got back to the UK.

Were extremely useful in sourcing a cancelled order for me.

I had my brand new I4 40 M Sport in the bag within days, delivery inside two weeks (TBC).

Porsche feels like it's run by a bunch of A-Level students, but it's more because they don't care and evidently see little value in all these new, first-time Porsche buyers. Not least as many of them probably won't be long term customers for reasons explained above.

They know full well price increases will see orders cancelled. They have modelled it. And they've decided it's worth it to find some balance between demand and what they can actually deliver.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
My interactions with BMW were very professional and well organised, even though they knew I was not even in the UK.
Porsche feels like it's run by a bunch of A-Level students, but it's more because they don't care and evidently see little value in all these new, first-time Porsche buyers.
Quite a few Porsche Centres are owned by groups that also have BMW dealerships, with staff moving between them. That would suggest that any observed difference in their treatment of potential customers is quite deliberate and strategic (sadly, in some cases).

Stewartt997

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST4S
Country flag
If there isnt any waiting list/allocation manipulation i would be very surprised and not something that just Porsche dealerships do.
It’s difficult to comment on the influence of established relationships as I haven’t purchased a Porsche for nearly a 20 years, but I placed an order for 4S ST in March 22, confirmed build in May and locked spec in July. From what I’ve investigated it’s definitely worth shopping around as some dealerships can definitely provide a car much quicker than others based on their allocation.

OP
OP

cockyapple

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan rwd
Country flag
It’s difficult to comment on the influence of established relationships as I haven’t purchased a Porsche for nearly a 20 years, but I placed an order for 4S ST in March 22, confirmed build in May and locked spec in July. From what I’ve investigated it’s definitely worth shopping around as some dealerships can definitely provide a car much quicker than others based on their allocation.
Congratulations on your order and swift allocation but as i said before if i had placed an order and deposit in 2021 and still had no allocation or build date i would be more than a little cheesed off and asking my dealer what is going on !!!

Stewartt997

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST4S
Country flag
Congratulations on your order and swift allocation but as i said before if i had placed an order and deposit in 2021 and still had no allocation or build date i would be more than a little cheesed off and asking my dealer what is going on !!!
I agree and I appreciate it won’t help you, but before I placed my order I spoke to a number of dealerships to establish where in the queue I would sit if I placed an order. This varied from number 3, through to number 18. This might help other potential buyers who are looking. I’m fortunate to have 4 Porsche dealerships within a one hour drive of Surrey.

matchboy1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree and I appreciate it won’t help you, but before I placed my order I spoke to a number of dealerships to establish where in the queue I would sit if I placed an order. This varied from number 3, through to number 18. This might help other potential buyers who are looking. I’m fortunate to have 4 Porsche dealerships within a one hour drive of Surrey.
This is really smart, and good advice for anyone buying any car, not just a Porsche. Remember, since Covid dealers have had to incorporate UK wide delivery, so you don’t have to order from your local dealer you can order from anywhere.

Finding out how how many orders are ahead of you, and then picking the quickest one so you get the car sooner, is great buying advice 👍🏻 I would have done this but I’ve bought a few cars from Porsche Chester and they’ve been great, so in my situation although I knew I’d have a longer wait I still chose to buy from them as I’d rather wait and have a good buying experience than use a dealer who would be potentially shit (and let’s face it most dealers are shit) - plus I have a sense of loyalty as they’ve always been super fair in their part ex prices (offering much more than other dealers), and they’re really nice people. But if you don’t have a regular dealer, then finding out which dealer has got the lowest on order is really smart - and you’ll get your car sooner!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Quite a few Porsche Centres are owned by groups that also have BMW dealerships, with staff moving between them. That would suggest that any observed difference in their treatment of potential customers is quite deliberate and strategic (sadly, in some cases).
I have had some really poor dealer experiences from other brands in the past (worst was Audi).

I think the difference with Porsche is, they always have more people wanting to buy their cars than they produce.
So the dealers are more akin to Rolex dealers (who really don't want to offer any level of customer service and where 'punters' are seen as a nuisance).

I can't help think a lot of the current issues are covid/supply chain / Ukraine related and Porsche is having to be more 'reactive' as circumstances constantly adjust.

So my questions for long time, multiple Porsche buyers....

Have the dealers always been like they are currently?

Or is it worst post Covid?

Or it s it worst with a Taycan compared to other models?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
This is really smart, and good advice for anyone buying any car, not just a Porsche. Remember, since Covid dealers have had to incorporate UK wide delivery, so you don’t have to order from your local dealer you can order from anywhere.

Finding out how how many orders are ahead of you, and then picking the quickest one so you get the car sooner, is great buying advice 👍🏻 I would have done this but I’ve bought a few cars from Porsche Chester and they’ve been great, so in my situation although I knew I’d have a longer wait I still chose to buy from them as I’d rather wait and have a good buying experience than use a dealer who would be potentially shit (and let’s face it most dealers are shit) - plus I have a sense of loyalty as they’ve always been super fair in their part ex prices (offering much more than other dealers), and they’re really nice people. But if you don’t have a regular dealer, then finding out which dealer has got the lowest on order is really smart - and you’ll get your car sooner!
Porsche Chester are excellent. 👍

Heard nothing but good reviews about them.

I have moved to them from my local dealer, despite being further to travel.

OP
OP

cockyapple

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan rwd
Country flag
All excellent advice for potential new buyers

matchboy1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have had some really poor dealer experiences from other brands in the past (worst was Audi).

I think the difference with Porsche is, they always have more people wanting to buy their cars than they produce.
So the dealers are more akin to Rolex dealers (who really don't want to offer any level of customer service and where 'punters' are seen as a nuisance).

I can't help think a lot of the current issues are covid/supply chain / Ukraine related and Porsche is having to be more 'reactive' as circumstances constantly adjust.

So my questions for long time, multiple Porsche buyers....

Have the dealers always been like they are currently?

Or is it worst post Covid?

Or it s it worst with a Taycan compared to other models?
I can only comment on my own experiences, but my local Porsche dealer has always been awful (dismissive, not open to discussion, rude, poor customer service etc etc) even prior to Covid - the complete opposite of Chester.

matchboy1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Chester are excellent. 👍

Heard nothing but good reviews about them.

I have moved to them from my local dealer, despite being further to travel.
Yep - I use them and I’m at the other end of the country 😂
Sponsored