sbarker108

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance; TS on order
Country flag
Under normal circumstances I would have had the car I ordered in June by now, although this is my first Porsche but I assume a typical 3 month lead time. The price at the time was 143k and as of today is now 147k. I thought to myself that no worries, it will be the price on your order sheet, nope. When you get a build slot then, surely then, nope, or rather maybe but its not a guarantee. Only when a car has landed at the dealer is the price guaranteed, or so I have been advised by the dealer.

This is pretty depressing, I've never experienced anything like this with other manufacturers (mainly BMW to be fair) and I was pushing the boat out as it was and to find its gradually getting more expensive is quite hard to take.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sbarker108

sbarker108

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance; TS on order
Country flag
Ok, thanks for that Chris, it did seem odd. I shall canvas some other dealerships to see what they say before going back to them and at least I've got a position to argue from.

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
I think it's related to the Model Year of the build. It sounds like you have received a MY23 car where the prices increased compared to the MY22 cars regardless of delivery date.

For example, my car was built early July and is a MY22 but only arrived at the dealership last Wednesday. As it is a MY22 car I pay the MY22 prices, others are receiving MY23 cars so will pay the cost of that car.

Your dealer should have advised you which model year the car will be and advised you of any price increases along with standard spec changes between the model years.

Frankhy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron
Country flag
Under normal circumstances I would have had the car I ordered in June by now, although this is my first Porsche but I assume a typical 3 month lead time. The price at the time was 143k and as of today is now 147k. I thought to myself that no worries, it will be the price on your order sheet, nope. When you get a build slot then, surely then, nope, or rather maybe but its not a guarantee. Only when a car has landed at the dealer is the price guaranteed, or so I have been advised by the dealer.

This is pretty depressing, I've never experienced anything like this with other manufacturers (mainly BMW to be fair) and I was pushing the boat out as it was and to find its gradually getting more expensive is quite hard to take.
That's not the case in Dublin. The dealer guaranteed me the price I was quoted when I put deposit down back in April so I would definitely go back to the dealer.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag

If you ordered in June 22 then you would have been ordering a MY23. There has been one further price increase since then which only applies if you did not have a build allocation at the date of the price increase. I ordered in June 22 and got an allocation on 2nd July 22 with a build date in November 22. When the last price increased was announced PRG told me it didn't apply to my order and I could change the spec until the freeze date which ended up being 23rd October.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Same as @Speuk. Ordered in December 21, allocation in June 22 and went into production last Friday. A MY23 build but there was no price rise for me. Must have a good dealer (Belfast OPC).

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Same as @Speuk. Ordered in December 21, allocation in June 22 and went into production last Friday. A MY23 build but there was no price rise for me. Must have a good dealer (Belfast OPC).
Same for me Exeter Opc (apparently)
Sponsored