First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Hi,

I'm looking at picking up a private reg and I've found one in particular, but ALL the sites seem to advertise it and at slightly different prices.

My question is; is there a particular place you look for regs?
And any tips on acquiring one?
Sponsored

old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Hi,

I'm looking at picking up a private reg and I've found one in particular, but ALL the sites seem to advertise it and at slightly different prices.

Go to DVLA registrations

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I guess it depends on the type of registration, but if it’s something fairly “normal” (I.e. doesn’t cost as much as the car itself) then going to DVLA registrations directly seems to be the cheapest way. I got mine TY**CAN for £250 including vat and all the fees, I was amazed how much loading other reg companies applied on top for the same thing.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
What is a private reg?
I guess this should be in the UK-specific forums.. personalised vehicle registrations, license plates, whatever you want to call them. We can’t just have what we want here in the UK like you can (sort of) in the US so we have retailer who trades these registrations.

OP
OP
JamieG

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
DVLA Registrations is great if it’s not yet been bought e.g. a new 70 reg, but I’m looking at something more personalised. I’ve seen one around £3600 floating around all the sites, but I don’t know how to approach it and how to maybe find the actual owner?

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Most available plates can be found on multiple websites. Have a look on the DVLA site first. If you can’t find something that suits you there, then some of the sites have some pretty good helpers. Prices do vary slightly so once you have found your plate, have a shop around.

you can get a T*YCN or a T**YCN for £250 on the DVLA site at the moment. I got mine last week.

Redders

First Name
Antony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mercedes E240 Est, BMW 420d Sport Conv
Country flag
Hi,

For a UK plate try Nick Fletcher of Motoreg ([email protected] Tel: 024 7640 7604) I found him very pleasant to deal with; he sourced a plate for me at much less than offered by others.

Father Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many V12s and V8s...
Country flag
I am aware this is first post (but you‘ll see me in other sections too soon!) - I’d highly recommend Dan at BoldReg. Small business, so he really cares about the service side of things. He’s supplied me with four plates in the past couple of years, all at good prices.

K777

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Have you tried DVLA auctions. I got mine from there. 2 numbers and 3 initials. Was about £2500+vat+£80 assignment fee.

OP
OP
JamieG

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Have you tried DVLA auctions. I got mine from there. 2 numbers and 3 initials. Was about £2500+vat+£80 assignment fee.
Hiya, yeah I keep an eye on there, except it doesn't seem like there's any auctions until the 13th Jan now

K777

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yeah prob, think there was one last week.

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If different sites have different prices for a reg, it's because they don't acutally have the plate and they will have to negotiate the purchase of it on your behalf.

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a plate which people often think is because I have a Porsche and I’m either trying too hard or dyslexic? I bought 3 other similar plates for the family, all from the DVLA.
Porsche Taycan Private Regs - Where to look? 38A2E771-FC1D-4FD0-9033-A40605E2281D
Sponsored

Last edited: