First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , Audi A8, Q7
Country flag
Hi,
I have had my Taycan now for just under two weeks and have to say I am very pleased - but still learning all the menus.

Can someone offer advice on Satellite View maps.

Up until now I have had my Sat Nav set to show Satellite View and this has worked perfectly until today .

No doubt as a 'newbie' I have pressed something somewhere, but I cannot find what. Currently the on screen map will only show map view or 3d view. I have tried unticking 'Satellite view' in settings and re-ticking it but this did not work. I have also tried setting it permanently to Day View instead of Night or Auto as I thought that perhaps night view on maps was somehow over-riding the satellite view setting ( especially as it is dark very early in the UK now )

It could be that I have done something with the data connection as I was playing with the settings trying to get my phone setup as a wifi hotspot .
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Go to Settings -> Accounts and Porsche Connect Services (I don't recall the exact menu item) - then go into List Connect Services - scroll down to Satellite Map and make sure it says "Contract Valid", not disabled or Contract Invalid or something else. All that said, this is based on a US vehicle. May not apply to a GB vehicle...