LaRu

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Photo at 275 miles. Beginning on the ride home from picking up my brand new 4S, the performance mode dial wasn't working. None of the performance modes worked, nor did the electronic sound, or any operations on the drive/performance mode screen. Front curb sensor worked only sporadically. The car has been in service since the third ride and has been there 15 days without resolution. Buyer's remorse is an understatement.
Porsche Taycan Problems from delivery on. C0951669-247B-476A-B019-A50ACDE251D6
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
15 days and no update from the dealer?

thopster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, McLaren 650S Spyder, MB E300 4Matic
Country flag
Going through something similar right now as well. 26 days without my 4-day old car parked at the dealer waiting for parts, so I notified them that I am invoking the Lemon law in NJ that specifies 20 or more days in repair for new cars.

I just want a replacement car instead of waiting for additional diagnostics and repair.

OP
OP

LaRu

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
15 days and no update from the dealer?
I've been getting roughly an update a week from the dealer. Was told earlier this week that a part would be arriving yesterday to resolve the issue, but no word on that as of yet.

OP
OP

LaRu

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Going through something similar right now as well. 26 days without my 4-day old car parked at the dealer waiting for parts, so I notified them that I am invoking the Lemon law in NJ that specifies 20 or more days in repair for new cars.

I just want a replacement car instead of waiting for additional diagnostics and repair.
Please keep me posted on that, I'll be interested to hear what happens. Based on what I'm reading in other owner experiences, I'm concerned that this vehicle was released before it was ready.

OP
OP

LaRu

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I assume this is not an official Porsche dealer?
Yes it is an official Porsche dealer, the same one the vehicle was purchased from brand new. It is one of the Premier dealers in the US.

Cinbow

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interested.. got mine back after 2 weeks at the dealership for the update. Still acting wonky. The whole ordeal has been very upsetting. Being told repeatedly that my car needed to rest after the update... then it didn’t work and needed more “sleep”... with no explanation is very concerning. The dealership does not know what how the car even works. They asked me for my charger ten days into the process. I’m starting to worry about safety. The car doesn’t Feel like it drives the same as it did. The feeling that it stuck to the road is missing and going over speed bumps is more jarring than it was in my escalade.

OP
OP

LaRu

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Interested.. got mine back after 2 weeks at the dealership for the update. Still acting wonky. The whole ordeal has been very upsetting. Being told repeatedly that my car needed to rest after the update... then it didn’t work and needed more “sleep”... with no explanation is very concerning. The dealership does not know what how the car even works. They asked me for my charger ten days into the process. I’m starting to worry about safety. The car doesn’t Feel like it drives the same as it did. The feeling that it stuck to the road is missing and going over speed bumps is more jarring than it was in my escalade.

OP
OP

LaRu

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I'll report back regarding performance after my vehicle is returned. As of today, I've been without the car for 19 days (not counting the 6 days that it was malfunctioning following delivery), so this may or may not be a fast response.

mziegler38

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2019 991.2 C4S
Country flag
I had a fender bender with my 4S. Took two months of waiting to get parts to complete the repair

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
How much of these delays has to do with the Pandemic and supply shock?