Production Started in July, Still at the Factory 3 Months later?

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Anyone else still stuck?

Sadly my MY ‘21 4S is further delayed… now slated for a late January/Early Feb delivery :(
Mine is still stuck. So far showing completion on December 3, but I guess I should expect it to be further delayed.
Sponsored

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Just a ridiculous situation all around as many of the threads here will attest to. Evidently a batch of ‘21’s entered production before the annual factory shutdown and were missing parts due to the supply chain shortage. When the factory started up again these cars were passed over for MY22 production and many still remain in limbo waiting on parts to finalize builds. My vehicle (with 3 still open campaigns) finally completed production in mid-Nov and has been sitting at Emden for over two weeks waiting on transport.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Mine is on RCC Prestige on the way to the states. Production started 7/14, completed 11/08.
TYD hasn’t updated beyond arrival in Emden but dealership confirmed it’s on a ship now and should arrive before year end to Texas.
Hope that everyone else sees resolution and shipping stateside soon.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good news. TYD just updated,
Finished production on the 23rd and arrived to emden on the 26th. It is now awaiting to be on vessel.

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
Good news. TYD just updated,
Finished production on the 23rd and arrived to emden on the 26th. It is now awaiting to be on vessel.
Crazy to see it actually move!!
Mines says en route to Emden. Seems like ages ago we were speculating on what ship we would be on after we got the “production complete” email lol.

Hopefully now we actually have something to track!

TaycanCT4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Finally completed as well!!! Will still be a while until it finds its way onto a ship apparently - but good to see progress.

Hopefully good news soon for others too!

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally completed as well!!! Will still be a while until it finds its way onto a ship apparently - but good to see progress.

Hopefully good news soon for others too!
Do you have the latest ship schedule or are you going off TYD dates?

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
My car has been sitting at Emden since 11/17 even though it completed production on the 12th. So 5 days to make a trip that normally takes Porsche a day. I’ve no idea if it made it on the RCC Prestige which departed for Davisville on the 26th. TYD still shows it at the port and my dealer and Porsche NA both have advised that they have no further info. Evidently progress is being made but at a snails pace….

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Someone posted the attached schedule on a different thread.
Awesome thanks- what port is yours headed to? I think our TYD finally decoupled since you said you got to Emden a couple days before mine.

My car has been sitting at Emden since 11/17 even though it completed production on the 12th. So 5 days to make a trip that normally takes Porsche a day. I’ve no idea if it made it on the RCC Prestige which departed for Davisville on the 26th. TYD still shows it at the port and my dealer and Porsche NA both have advised that they have no further info. Evidently progress is being made but at a snails pace….
At this point I’m honestly just happy to see actual movement again. I logged in expecting to see another week or 2 delay but instead saw it completed 3 steps and was on the way to Emden. That took a couple of days but finally updated that it reached Emden.

Looks like if we got lucky we made the last ship and TYD just hasnt updated or if not we should be boarding the next one by the 9th/10th.

Still a chance to make it by the end of the year!

Reactions: vdr

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome thanks- what port is yours headed to? I think our TYD finally decoupled since you said you got to Emden a couple days before mine.
Mine is headed to davisville RI port

OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Mine got further delayed ... Anyone else hearing that production complete will be pushed out by a month?