Late changes in spec driving later production

Kortstokk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan
Country flag
Spec freeze is coming up, and I’m deliberating chioce of wheels and timer vs compass on my CT4 w/Sport Chrono. However, I’m afraid a change will be used to delay my production date, and my SA is making no guarantees.
Any insight in ehat changes drives changes in production schedule, and if P is looking for any excuse to delay, given the supply chain situation these days?
Sponsored

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Spec freeze is coming up, and I’m deliberating chioce of wheels and timer vs compass on my CT4 w/Sport Chrono. However, I’m afraid a change will be used to delay my production date, and my SA is making no guarantees.
Any insight in ehat changes drives changes in production schedule, and if P is looking for any excuse to delay, given the supply chain situation these days?
In "normal" times those changes wouldn't cause a delay, and I suspect they wouldn't now prior to freeze point. Those are pretty minor changes. And Porsche is not looking for an excuse to delay your production... if it was "delayed" they would just be plugging another car into your slot. They're going to continue building cars as quickly as they can, considering the supply chain issues.

Reactions: B61

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
I agree in normal times that would not cause a delay, I made changes to my RWD 2 days after the freeze this month and had the same worry but so far it has stayed on track, my thought was rather build it the way I want it and if have to wait a few more days Id rather wait then to worry and give in not he build, I did change twice within 2 days after freeze date and haven't had an issue. But who knows as it can change even without a reason.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Not likely that Porsche would need to look for an excuse to delay your individual build. It there is a delay, it will be for something that is far beyond any one single persons control (to include your own).

My advice is to spec the car exactly as how you will want it, and if you do make a change, MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that you are not changing something else that you really want.

Case in point, my wife changed the spec on her Macan Turbo a few years back, an on the new build she submitted at the time of lock did not have the auto-dim rear mirrors. That $420 was a decision that she had to live with for two years and was not happy with.

I also had a friend who changed the spec on a GT3-RS with European delivery and the new build submitted had left off front axle lift. Imagine changing a the spec to be full Weissach to include the magnesium wheels (a $18K upgrade) and arriving in Zuffenhausen and not having FAL on a car that you thought you purchased it on.
Sponsored