Purchasing Porsche Extended Warranty 2 Years Into Ownership?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Well done. Don' forget to get the '111' point test done before your old warranty expires. warranty expiry (3yr) for UK likely to fall in middle of service cycle for a lot of us.
I’m pretty sure that if you are extending the new car warranty and already have the relevant Porsche service history then you don’t need the 111-point check the first time, although you will need it subsequently.
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I’m pretty sure that if you are extending the new car warranty and already have the relevant Porsche service history then you don’t need the 111-point check the first time, although you will need it subsequently.
Sounds too good to be true. I can't imagine Porsche dealership not wanting to get the car in and charge you to tell you that car sort of needs new tyres (all 4 obv) and some scratches painting and other stuff like that!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Sounds too good to be true. I can't imagine Porsche dealership not wanting to get the car in and charge you to tell you that car sort of needs new tyres (all 4 obv) and some scratches painting and other stuff like that!
My experience is as I’ve set out above!

Last edited:

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am approaching the warranty expiry date this summer, and am considering getting an Extended Warranty policy. Given that it's around GBP 1k/year I am trying to figure out whether it makes sense or not given that the battery is covered for eight years.

Which are the most common (and particularly costly) issues besides the battery?

Any recommendations on other good extension policies than the Porsche endorsed one from Acasta European Insurance are welcomed.

kkl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a MY20 Taycan 4S and the high-voltage battery error popped up in Dec 2022, I just got it back this week. The car has a 2-year warranty when I purchased it and it covers the cost for this repair (at least USD 10k). The warranty extension cost is USD 2k/year here but I guess I'm going to extend it no matter what. I guess the battery is going to cause issues again in the future tbh...
Sponsored