Taycan Extended Warranty

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Today I purchased a 96 month / 100,000-mile Porsche Platinum warranty with $250 Deductible from Porsche Chandler. I'll easily burn up near all the allowed miles given how many I've got on my 4S+ now. That covers other stuff aligned with the battery warranty duration and gives me time to continue to have fun until the next gen Taycan comes on board. Or something even better. Given I'm currently in the shop for a new HV battery, this will definitely allow me to sleep better at night.

Still love the car! It's amazing!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rooster

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Today I purchased today a 96 month / 100,000-mile Porsche Platinum warranty with $250 Deductible from Porsche Chandler. I'll easily burn up near all the allowed miles given how many I've got on my 4S+ now. That covers other stuff aligned with the battery warranty duration and gives me time to continue to have fun until the next gen Taycan comes on board. Or something even better. Given I'm currently in the shop for a new HV battery, this will definitely allow me to sleep better at night.

Still love the car! It's amazing!
Might I enquire the cost of this warranty?
Who was your salesperson at Chandler Porsche?
I’m soon to take possession of a 2020 cpo Taycan turbo

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Are folks just calling and asking for extended warranties or is this something that gets offered as you get closer to expiration of original warranty?

Rock

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The dealer pays Porsche approx. $3K to certify a car up to 6 years or 100K miles.

ehi

First Name
Thehi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Might I enquire the cost of this warranty?
Who was your salesperson at Chandler Porsche?
I’m soon to take possession of a 2020 cpo Taycan turbo
^^^ this. I bought a used 2022 and would like to push the warranty out as far as possible.

the official Platinum VSP seems to go up to 100k miles total from first day of initial purchase. is there a way to go over this?

so a +60k warrant take it to 110k miles.

how much was it? I may make a call to your service team.

Smichael

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012.5 991.1
Country flag
In April of this year, I paid $3,648 for a 96 month / 60,000 mile Porsche Platinum with $250 Deductible. 2021 Turbo.
96 months from in service date (so inclusive of any factory warranty) or 96 from date of purchase of the warranty ? If on a new car and inclusive , the 96 is really 48 additional.

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
96 months from in service date (so inclusive of any factory warranty) or 96 from date of purchase of the warranty ? If on a new car and inclusive , the 96 is really 48 additional.
In service date. Doing so synchronizes the battery warranty with the rest of the car.

jwf360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Extended warranty, Porsche Platinum additional 3 years/60k miles for $3363 (84 months from in-service date), with $250 deductible on the 2020 Taycan Turbo. Figured was worth it
Which Dealer? Thanks!
Sponsored