satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Was surprised to see a message on my PWCC unit today indicating that there was a software update available. That I’m aware of, this is the first update that I’ve experienced since installing.

I checked the Porsche updates page for the PWCC, and would you believe - there are release notes! Sharing here:

Software update 6111 is intended to optimize and expand the software of your Porsche Wall Charger Connect. The following modifications are made:
  • Improvements to the display within the user interface
  • Optimization of PLC communication between Porsche Wall Charger Connect and Porsche Home Energy Manager
  • Optimization and robustness measures to the installed software
  • Optimization of the 2.4 GHz WiFi frequency
Software version 6111 is compatible with all previous versions of the Porsche Wall Charger Connect and can be installed directly. The update does not affect data protection, the content of third-party providers or the certification of your product.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Was surprised to see a message on my PWCC unit today indicating that there was a software update available. That I’m aware of, this is the first update that I’ve experienced since installing.

I checked the Porsche updates page for the PWCC, and would you believe - there are release notes! Sharing here:
@Administrator why the forum move? This software update is for the Porsche Wall Charger Connect (hardwired sibling of the PMCC), not the PCM or anything within the car…

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
Thanks for the info, I will check mine later today.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag

Do we need to do anything to effectuate the update? Or does it do it by itself? In other words, is there an action item here?

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Do we need to do anything to effectuate the update? Or does it do it by itself? In other words, is there an action item here?
In my case, the availability of the update just popped up on the PWCC, but the actual install needed to be initiated while not charging. It could easily have updated automatically while I was away with the car. I was just sharing here because it’s the first update I’ve ever received/witnessed in ~9 months of ownership, and also for the novelty of release notes.
You can go check in the menu to see if you have the latest version (6111) - it might have already auto-installed.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
In my case, the availability of the update just popped up on the PWCC, but the actual install needed to be initiated while not charging. It could easily have updated automatically while I was away with the car. I was just sharing here because it’s the first update I’ve ever received/witnessed in ~9 months of ownership, and also for the novelty of release notes.
You can go check in the menu to see if you have the latest version (6111) - it might have already auto-installed.
When I first got mine, it was horrible. I couldn't connect to Wifi or get anything set up correctly. I looked at the firmware version number, and then searched online and realized that there was an update. I downloaded the update manually, and then updated the PWCC manually. After restart, EVERYTHING worked properly and it remains connected to Internet. I also believe it auto updates, but I am not 100% certain on that.
Sponsored