What's the current Taycan software version?

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi all, I got the Porsche-Screen-of-Death for the first time today when starting my car. Reboot didn't fix it and I ended up having to use my phone to navigate as I was going to an area that I wasn't familiar with. Once I got there, I locked my door, came back 10 minutes later and all was good again.

So I'm wondering, do I have the latest software for my car?

I have this on my MY2023:

release version: MPR3_US_POG46_P3823
software version: 3823
user interface: release-37.17-2147-SNAPSHOT-14.10.2022-08:53:40
hardware: H9J1035092BD
text version: MIB3_GUI_37.31_20220504
navigation package: V03959817KQ_P1096_NA_2024.02

(Note: edit to add pic)

Looking at all those 2022's, I feel like I might have ancient software?

Does the car not do OTA updates? Do I need to schedule a visit with a dealer?

Thanks

Porsche Taycan What's the current Taycan software version? IMG_2654
Sponsored

Last edited:

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
My 2020 UK car has the latest software and shows this PCM version number …

Porsche Taycan What's the current Taycan software version? IMG_1119

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
IIRC the only version you need to know is the “software version” which in your case seems not up to date since @n3ophyte ’s is 3882. The snapshot version is the snapshot installed during factoring your car. Could it be that your car was still in factory on 14-10-2022 (2022/10/14) or the one flashed just before delivery?

To answer your question, yeah I would call the dealer. They might need to install a bigger update which was not an OTA one.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
Several of the releases seem to be somewhat older. Your dealership can perform the updates. Might also be some factory recalls waiting for you, so reach out to them and have them check.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Interestingly, my SA said Porsche does not do auto PCM updates when you come in for service. But I mentioned having a screen freeze and an update to latest software was included on my detail sheet :like:

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag
I have the Taycan GTS 2022.
Unfortunately I have had this problem several times. At times the display starts flashing. I also had to use the iPhone to navigate back to the place where I wanted to go.

Apparently if you let it rest for over 14 minutes things are become normal.
Unfortunately when you really need the maps this happens!

My software version is 3793, Older than yours 3823.
That is the bad news is it appears they have not fixed the problem.
I'm not sure whether it is a defect of the hardware.

My OTA is enabled it looks like it did not upgrade the software!

It is a great car to drive unfortunately with minor quirks. Hopefully they'll be will to fix a matter.

I'm taking the car to the dealership this Thursday Steven Creek - San Jose.
They'll be attending to some of the recalls and hopefully things will be better.
Hi all, I got the Porsche-Screen-of-Death for the first time today when starting my car. Reboot didn't fix it and I ended up having to use my phone to navigate as I was going to an area that I wasn't familiar with. Once I got there, I locked my door, came back 10 minutes later and all was good again.

So I'm wondering, do I have the latest software for my car?

I have this on my MY2023:

release version: MPR3_US_POG46_P3823
software version: 3823
user interface: release-37.17-2147-SNAPSHOT-14.10.2022-08:53:40
hardware: H9J1035092BD
text version: MIB3_GUI_37.31_20220504
navigation package: V03959817KQ_P1096_NA_2024.02

Looking at all those 2022's, I feel like I might have ancient software?

Does the car not do OTA updates? Do I need to schedule a visit with a dealer?

Thanks

OP
OP

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks everyone, sounds like 3882 is the way to go. I’m going to call them and tell them I’m having software issues and ask for an update.

In the few weeks that I’ve owned the car, I’ve had the PCM black screen, once the car wouldn’t start (stuck on Taycan screen), and the configurable Home Screen wiped itself once. Sounds like this should be enough justification to push for a service call.

Not sure when the car was manufactured, but I purchased it new a few weeks ago (24 miles on it). It’s a MY23.

Last edited:

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
WPN9 is the workshop operation upgrading the PCM to 3882 to address black screen and freeze at loading spinner or Porsche logo issues. Ask for it.

OP
OP

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
WPN9 is the workshop operation upgrading the PCM to 3882 to address black screen and freeze at loading spinner or Porsche logo issues. Ask for it.
Ah, I was looking for that code, knew I saw it somewhere! Thanks, I’ll call them tomorrow and ask for WPN9.

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
I am not sure how Porsche is deciding which car gets the WPN8 and which one gets the WPN9.
I contacted my dealer a few months back requesting WPN9 because the PCM got stuck on the Porsche logo a few times. They informed me that my car shows a recall for WPN8 only and they can’t install WPN9. I have been waiting since the in case my car gets recalled for WPN9 but according to my dealer it is still not. So I took an appointment for next month to get WPN8 installed.

FYI I have a MY23 ST and I am in France.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Yeah, I'm in France too and got the WPN8. from what I read here, I concluded WPN8 is for Europe while WPN9 is for the US... as it seems..

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For many of us (at least in US), WPN9 was the PCM OTA update our Taycans received in summer, autumn 2023. If the car did not get the update OTA, then update via dealer is necessary.

Chiu

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD/MINI Cooper S
Country flag
This is mine Taycan RWD (MY23) software version -> after doing WPN9 - Reprogramming central computer (PCM)

Porsche Taycan What's the current Taycan software version? 螢幕擷取畫面 2024-02-26 135503

OP
OP

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Update - dropped the car off at the dealer this morning. They're going to do the WPN9 update.

Apparently, there is also a Thermal Management recall that they'll be doing. Whenever, I associate "thermal management" and "EV", I think "charging fire", but they say it's for the interior heating system in this case. Either way, the software is getting updated... fire or not, ha ha.

They're also going to check for fault codes because I mentioned that one time I got stuck on the Taycan screen and the car didn't want to go into gear for a few minutes. He wasn't sure if that's something WPN9 addresses so they're going to check for codes just to be safe.

Driving a Macan as a loaner - I forgot how annoying auto-start/stop was on ICE cars. Both of the 911's that I had (991.1 then 991.2) had that feature, but I always drove in sport mode which deactivates it. Putting the Macan in sport mode solves that problem.
Sponsored