What's the current Taycan software version?

chun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020, Cayman GT4
Country flag
This is mine Taycan RWD (MY23) software version -> after doing WPN9 - Reprogramming central computer (PCM)

螢幕擷取畫面 2024-02-26 135503.jpg
where did you get the version for all the other components from?

Chiu

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD/MINI Cooper S
Country flag
where did you get the version for all the other components from?
You can use VIN to retrieve the car data through paid report, not expensive.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
WPN9 is the workshop operation upgrading the PCM to 3882 to address black screen and freeze at loading spinner or Porsche logo issues. Ask for it.
I had WPN9 update and yet my screens still froze again last week - usual PORSCHE logo showing forever, you can even talk to the car (which is useless, try telling it to reset itself, or remove the Porsche logo, or show the map, or even something like show/enable/turn-on/display HUD - at best it tells you it doesn't understand you, but usually just choses some random thing, like when I asked it to show the CarPlay screen, it replied with "playing internet music").

I got a feeling this has to with some notification, because this is the second time the darn thing froze on my when I heard the notification "ding" at startup and then the PCM apps never show up. I tried "dismiss notification" voice command too, of course yet another command it does not understand.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Whenever, I associate "thermal management" and "EV", I think "charging fire", but they say it's for the interior heating system in this case.
Lots of thermal management in the car, battery, motors, electronics, cabin. Taycan's are well known for having cabin heaters die.

chun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can use VIN to retrieve the car data through paid report, not expensive.
I've tried it, but for mine it doesn't return nothing beside that it's a porsche (car vertical).

chun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
vinanalytics.com
Surprisingly, this one worked. I guess carvertical is good only for paying for ads to youtubers...
Porsche Taycan What's the current Taycan software version? Screenshot 2024-02-29 231034

Do you happen to know which one of all the many softwares it mentions happens to be the software handling the brakes?
I wonder if it's BCM1 & BCM2
Porsche Taycan What's the current Taycan software version? Screenshot 2024-02-29 231015

Chiu

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD/MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Surprisingly, this one worked. I guess carvertical is good only for paying for ads to youtubers...
Screenshot 2024-02-29 231034.jpg

Do you happen to know which one of all the many softwares it mentions happens to be the software handling the brakes?
I wonder if it's BCM1 & BCM2
Screenshot 2024-02-29 231015.jpg
sorry i have no idea about it...

MY22PCT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S
Country flag
Here's a pic of my PCM info after the WPN9 update.
IMG_2656.png
y
Porsche Taycan What's the current Taycan software version? IMG_2851

Thanks for starting this thread.

My UK-based Tacan Turbo S CT was in the shop yesterday and received what looks like the same update, save for some European vs USA differences.

My car will be on the receiving end of the thermal management campaign. The software is apparently included in this update and a new passenger side heater has been ordered although I have had no issues with the one in my car.

Do you, or anyone else know what is included/tweaked in K3882 vs the previous version?

Thanks. Matt

OP
OP

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Do you, or anyone else know what is included/tweaked in K3882 vs the previous version?
Bug fixes. Nav software updated - not sure what changed though. I noticed that the weather option is gone from the customizable Home Screen.

FYI - Also, make sure you car isn’t in privacy mode. I noticed I was no longer getting traffic, parking, charger info while driving and found that they returned the car to me with privacy mode switched on. Turning privacy mode back off fixed it.

MY22PCT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks.

I still see the weather icon on the home screen. It was grey/gray at first glance but as it sucked data in, it became useable.

I saw from the app that my car flipped into privacy mode when the update was being done, but opened up later that day. Sounds like my technician may have been fully awake.
Sponsored