Question on option for "Door Trim Package in Leather"

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
When I choose this option in the US configurator having already selected the black-burgundy leather seats, there seems to be no visual change in the interior (see pic) - the picture attached is the very same regardless of toggling this option on and off.

I have noticed that they are updating the Configurator (e.g. the 2+1 seat option now actually shows in the image when turned on which was not the case a week ago), but my question here is, what exactly does this Door Trim Package change/add to the leather already in there? If I choose the color burgundy for the pkg., is there actually more burgundy leather added than currently shown in this unchanging configurator image?

PS: It does state Panel trims leather and upper section end trims in leather but I want to be very sure what is what and see the color change when applied.

Porsche Taycan Question on option for "Door Trim Package in Leather" burgundy

Porsche Taycan Question on option for "Door Trim Package in Leather" door trim pk

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
It's absolutely useless. They are leather parts that aren't visible when the door is closed

The green highlighted parts are what will be wrapped in leather.

Porsche Taycan Question on option for "Door Trim Package in Leather" Leather - CXM highlighted

The Inner Door-Sill Guards and B-Pillars in Leather for $2920 looks more useful or the Seat console in Leather for $1710

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's absolutely useless. They are leather parts that aren't visible when the door is closed

Leather - CXM highlighted.jpg

The Inner Door-Sill Guards and B-Pillars in Leather for $2920 looks more useful or the Seat console in Leather for $1710
Wow , that’s it! That really is pretty lame and not to be simply included - truly daft. Thx for highlighting.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow , that’s it! That really is pretty lame and not to be simply included - truly daft. Thx for highlighting.
It should be included.
Porsche deliberately does this to upcharge the discerning customer. It's why they are so profitable

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Do you happen to know if there is a guide out there that shows exactly what is covered for each leather add-on option? Really amazes me that this does not appear to be available on the configurator (all the "option" pics show a Porsche logo and nothing more - useless).

When I choose black-burgundy leather interior and zoom in to the console area, I can see stitching on the top of the burgundy colored center console so I assumed that the upper surfaces of this item (arm rest and edges that lead to the dash etc.) are already covered in leather as part of the color combo interior choice. So does the added option to cover the central console in leather simply add leather to the sides of the console? Apologies for my ignorance but it is anything but clear in the descriptions.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you happen to know if there is a guide out there that shows exactly what is covered for each leather add-on option? Really amazes me that this does not appear to be available on the configurator (all the "option" pics show a Porsche logo and nothing more - useless).

When I choose black-burgundy leather interior and zoom in to the console area, I can see stitching on the top of the burgundy colored center console so I assumed that the upper surfaces of this item (arm rest and edges that lead to the dash etc.) are already covered in leather as part of the color combo interior choice. So does the added option to cover the central console in leather simply add leather to the sides of the console? Apologies for my ignorance but it is anything but clear in the descriptions.
You're correct and it is not clear.
I'm very anal about these details, not so much about charging, how many miles the Taycan gets on a full charge.

Let me put something together for you and the group

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You're correct and it is not clear.
I'm very anal about these details, not so much about charging, how many miles the Taycan gets on a full charge.

Let me put something together for you and the group
That would be excellent - most appreciated.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is the list I compiled of leather trims, floor mats and seat options. There might be some parts that are are off, but its pretty accurate from my research.

These options are used in 911s due to is rarity & being collectable. I highly doubt these options will help in resale of the Taycan and they are really costly.

If leather quality is very important to you, look into the Club leather. You can get leather, but spec the steering wheel in Race-Tex

Attachments

Last edited:

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here is the list I compiled of leather trims, floor mats and seat options. There might be some parts that are are off, but its pretty accurate from my research.

These options are used in 911s due to is rarity & being collectable. I highly doubt these options will help in resale of the Taycan and they are really costly.

If leather quality is very important to you, look into the Club leather. You can get leather, but spec the steering wheel in Race-Tex
This is pure awesome - thank you for the effort.

And on a sadder note, I realize I really really would have wanted the B pillar in leather, had I known at the time of ordering. That plastic looks CHEAP.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag

Thank you so much - that’s really helpful.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is pure awesome - thank you for the effort.

And on a sadder note, I realize I really really would have wanted the B pillar in leather, had I known at the time of ordering. That plastic looks CHEAP.
VW group will try and save a fraction of a penny when they can. The B Pillar is very cheap, but the there are small pieces like the seat adjustment console that feels exactly the same as the ID4s. The thinnest plastic known to man

I question the B Pillar in leather because it will scratch and tear I feel. No way to avoid hitting it.
We valet my friends 4s and the driver broke it off completely!

I wonder if Race Tex is the solution?

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag

This is awesome - from you, not Porsche. TY

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag

I tried to add all of those leather options but my build had locked. I didn’t push given the costs of these options. Some of these seem excessive. I do like the deviated stitching especially to add a touch to a dark interior. In this document , the red stitching picture are my car.

Thanks for putting this together.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Great stuff and this will be very useful to anyone trying to decipher the Porsche codes for addl leather in their builds.

Had one question re the center console again - so as per your annotated image the only addl leather when choosing this option for $1710 is to cover the two 'bolsters' either side of the console - no addl leather by the main storage compartment (which has the arm rest) or anywhere else along the sides of the extended console - correct?

Thx Again!

PS: Guessing the 'rear outlet' referring to the rear passenger compartment - back side of console?

Porsche Taycan Question on option for "Door Trim Package in Leather" concole leather

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
VW group will try and save a fraction of a penny when they can. The B Pillar is very cheap, but the there are small pieces like the seat adjustment console that feels exactly the same as the ID4s. The thinnest plastic known to man

I question the B Pillar in leather because it will scratch and tear I feel. No way to avoid hitting it.
We valet my friends 4s and the driver broke it off completely!

I wonder if Race Tex is the solution?
I’ve been thinking about the Race Tex for the lower portion of the B Pillar (I have the upper portion in Race Tex as a spec). Just not sure if it will look better than the Plastic. While I do not like the lower B Pillar in Plastic I think it blends better with the leather on the doors. But not really sure???
Sponsored