Wattsjr9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
In a few days it will be officially one year since taking delivery of my 2022 RWD Taycan. Many miles (24 miles on delivery day, 30k as of yesterday šŸ˜) driven in this car with no regrets, I purchased it to be my daily driver and it hasnā€™t disappointed. There are a couple questions I think of but never ask, I look forward to your insights.

1. Is there a difference between Sport vs. Sport Plus Chassis when I donā€™t have air suspension? If so, whatā€™s the best one and why? (I mainly drive in individual mode - Sport Plus, Sport Chassis, Regen Auto, Electric sport sound on)

2. Best summer tires? I have the RS Spider wheels and currently using Continental All Season tires (Had Pirelli P-Zeros summer tires upon delivery and they went fast but loved the stickiness)

3. Suggestions on how to minimize wear on the drivers side B-Pillar? Iā€™m 6ā€™3 and have plenty of room when inside the car, but with how low the car sits my body tends to rub alongside the B pillar when getting in and out occasionally and now starting to see the wear on it.

BF8ADA33-08C9-49ED-A822-748178A18A13.jpeg

06FBB78B-38DD-445F-8035-1FD5B6E70531.jpeg

163EE424-464A-4EB9-8E07-4CCB1BED952D.jpeg
Great questions...I see others have answered. I too am 1 year in on a RWD. Can I post an additional question? Is it possible to set the regen level so it stays at on, off or Auto? I'm having to set the level each time I start up the car. Thanks.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Great questions...I see others have answered. I too am 1 year in on a RWD. Can I post an additional question? Is it possible to set the regen level so it stays at on, off or Auto? I'm having to set the level each time I start up the car. Thanks.
No this can't be set permanently.

OP
OP
Mrceo87

Mrceo87

First Name
Nathaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
The work around is to setup your individual mode where you can set your chassi, regen, electric sport sound (if optioned), etc. When you start the car Normal mode will not have it one but when you switch to your set Individual mode if you have Regen set to On, auto, or off, it will be set to however you set it up.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The work around is to setup your individual mode where you can set your chassi, regen, electric sport sound (if optioned), etc. When you start the car Normal mode will not have it one but when you switch to your set Individual mode if you have Regen set to On, auto, or off, it will be set to however you set it up.
Assumes you have Sports Chrono but actually it's easier and faster to programme the steering wheel diamond button to enable recuperation.
Sponsored