An honest review after 6 weeks of ownership...

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
* Auto regenerate keeps turning off: This is a bit annoying but got into my "cockpit pre flight check routine"
Lift and coast is the most efficient way to drive, so it is the default.

The regen on lift off settings are there for driver preferenc, being either a bit like lift off in a IC engined car or in between but IMO it is worth getting used to the default setting since it is technically superior even if it isn't what we are used to.
Sponsored

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Makes sense but it is no where compared to regen in our IX3 so it's a bit of a strange thing that you always have to turn it on although you clearly set it in the driving profiles. It never retains the setting...
I never use the regency and get plenty of mpkw....I coast then use brakes around tight turns lol

ineedanoriginal

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
* The complexity of the charging profiles: I just can't get my head around how complex the charging profiles and timers has been made. Every time I've tried it it always charged in full or did not charge. I know there are some neat guidelines on the forum but I just gave up on them.
Yep - I'm 2 weeks in to owning a CT4S and sometimes I get full charge at home, and sometimes nothing. I have no idea what is going on! I've now set a profile for home and timers so will see if that resolves the issue but it does seem unnecessarily complex. It also seems my PodPoint home charger doesn't work well with the Porsche but my wife has another EV and we need something we can share (albeit preferably one that works when I want it to!).

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for your review :) Always great to be able to read that kind of post when you are still waiting for your car ... (Expected in May ... Should be there in September)
Good taste on the color by the way 😍
any impact on your order with the 12v battery shortage?

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
It seems that my car has its battery.
But still no Bose amps...
New date is 30 November... 😥
damn. My config also has Bose. This will probably mean my delivery will also be pushed back.
Sponsored