Radar Detector - Hardwire Fuse Box

TechZeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I installed both dash cam and radar detector without any issues. But your suggestion here not to have key nearby is a good idea in hindsight. For radar I tapped into driver side fuse box and for dash cam I tapped into passenger side (empty fuses) and used a multimeter. I did have my heart in mouth when I connected ground and had a slight spark, but no fuses blown and both install down under 20 minutes.
in hindsight not having they key nearby would have been a good idea. But I was able to hardwire both the radar and the dash cam with parking mode kit without any problems. For radar I used the fuse tap on driver side and for dash cam on passenger side I used some empty fuses that were for ACC and Bat+(always on). I did have my heart in my mouth when I connected the ground and there was a slight spark, but no blown fuses and everything worked out fine with both install complete under 20 minutes.

Porsche Taycan Radar Detector - Hardwire Fuse Box IMG_9174
Sponsored

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
Great installs, but I’m very curious why you would tap into the fuse panel when a mirror tap install is much easier???

I did the mirror tap for my Uniden R7 and the total install took no more than 10 mins. I think it looks super clean and the Uniden powers and on and off perfectly with the car.

Porsche Taycan Radar Detector - Hardwire Fuse Box IMG_2699