Davy021

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just an update: Thanks again to the OP for the step by step instructions. I ended up caving and mounting on driver side. I could not find a spot on passenger side that came up w/an error after linking to it which was weird. If anyone finds one please post and let us know. Or if there's a way to use an empty spot but turning it off when car is off.
Sponsored

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Just an update: Thanks again to the OP for the step by step instructions. I ended up caving and mounting on driver side. I could not find a spot on passenger side that came up w/an error after linking to it which was weird. If anyone finds one please post and let us know. Or if there's a way to use an empty spot but turning it off when car is off.
I think identifying an "ignition" switched fuse slot is complicated by the fact that some circuits are programmed with "delayed off". It takes a lot of patience to set up a test circuit to power a light bulb and wait 30 minutes after powering off the car and closing the doors to see if the bulb is turned off.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Did this today- thank you to OP for the great write up and reply back for help.
3 things-

Fuse 8 in row C for me didn't work..... it wouldn't power on Valentine with ignition. I moved to fuse 7 and it worked...... hopefully no faults. I will try and look up what that runs. Maybe it moved on the 2022.
Also- I found the pink covers are actually okay. Just pulled right off from either end. They seemed problematic at first, but just pulled right off.
And finally- that side trim fuse panel under the A pillar stymied me for a bit. My trick was to "hook" something behind it gently, rather than prying the edge. Once gently hooked, it came off easily. I used a pegboard "hook" hanger carefully.

Thanks all!

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
This week I received my new Valentine 1 Gen 2 radar detector. I wanted to hardwire it, but didn't want to use the mirror tap. I decided to use a fuse tap to power the V2G2. The fuse box is located in the driver's footwell for US cars. Row C, slot 8 is the fuse for the Interior Mirror. The power switches on and off with the "ignition". The pink plastic covers that cover the fuses are a pain to remove. I called the dealership to ask how to remove it. I got a long speech about how it is a high voltage electric car and I shouldn't be touching anything in the fuse box. It was a useless and clueless conversation. I found a black tab at the end of the pink plastic. Even after releasing the tab, it is not easy to remove the pink cover. I broke the tab on row A. It won't make a difference since the fuses are well seated just like every other car.

*EDITED August 1, 2021 - Installation of the fuse tap is still correct, but pic 7 was edited to correct the identification of the load and hot slots/blades of the fuse - thanks @911jeff

Fyi, currently the V1 Gen2 is mounted on the windshield just above the mirror instead of the visor mount in pic 1

Here some pictures.

V1G2-1.jpg

V1G2-2.jpg

V1G2-3.jpg

V1G2-4.jpg

V1G2-4b.jpg

V1G2-4c.jpg

V1G2-5.jpg

V1G2-6.jpg

V1G2-7.jpg

V1G2-8.jpg
Thanks for the great write up!
One question I have before I plug anything is.. the fuse box is labeled 12-1 right to left - and the 8th position is empty currently -.. am I not doing this right?
I have a 21 4S

Porsche Taycan Radar Detector - Hardwire Fuse Box 1661968610639

OP
OP
wemct

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I am not sure if there was a change in the layout of the fuses for 2021. If you look on your car's fuse diagram, select the fuse for the interior dimming mirror. It switches on and off with the car, so the radar detector will power down when the car is turned off.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for the great write up!
One question I have before I plug anything is.. the fuse box is labeled 12-1 right to left - and the 8th position is empty currently -.. am I not doing this right?
I have a 21 4S

1661968610639.png
I used the mirror tap, and it's much easier

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone have the layout.. I don't like to play with fuses :)
I just did a search on fuse assignment on the Manual tab in the Porsche app, and saw the fuse table, where it lists all of the fuses and what they're for.

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am not sure if there was a change in the layout of the fuses for 2021. If you look on your car's fuse diagram, select the fuse for the interior dimming mirror. It switches on and off with the car, so the radar detector will power down when the car is turned off.
Here is what my fuse box looks like. Does it make sense my slot 8 is free right now.

Porsche Taycan Radar Detector - Hardwire Fuse Box 1661979079582

Porsche Taycan Radar Detector - Hardwire Fuse Box 65031D03-8E2B-4747-AA63-56D610823DC8

Last edited:

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is mine but I’m uk so right hand drive fuses in drivers footwell , I used one that’s for left hand drive only auxiliary socket. Probably doesn’t help yours much :confused:

Porsche Taycan Radar Detector - Hardwire Fuse Box DFF1FB27-0FED-4057-8437-0B1F4A735D6D

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
let me know if you can assist with the pictures on where I should plug it in.

Porsche Taycan Radar Detector - Hardwire Fuse Box CCBE4B3B-C8D3-47B1-B8A0-50C6A7154C32